All things Dundee FC

So your form is acceptable aye?

People are raving about Ross County and praising Hamilton for their form. Take a look at the league table.

The only teams to have lost less games are Hearts and Celtic. We have only lost to the top 3 plus a very poor result at home to a Killie side in a bit of form.

Equally we haven't won many, but we are very hard to beat and eventually we will turn some of these draws into wins. Our form is the 7th best in the country if you look at the relevant statistics - i.e this season.

If you choose to go back into the tail end of last season then crack on - but try and think about the run of games we had, the contract situations of a lot of our players throughout those games, the dead rubbers played and the quality of our squad last season vs the quality of the other top 6 teams last season. Our last 11 or 12 games last season involved all of the top 5 teams twice.....

ETA - playing almost all of those games would have been guys like Iain Davidson, Jim McAlister, Paul Heffernan, David Clarkson, Luka Tankulic, Kyle Letheren - I'm sure Phil Roberts even got a wee run out (although I may be mistaken) - most of these guys knew they weren't going to be at Dens this season.

Edited by Deefiant

People are raving about Ross County and praising Hamilton for their form. Take a look at the league table.

The only teams to have lost less games are Hearts and Celtic. We have only lost to the top 3 plus a very poor result at home to a Killie side in a bit of form.

Equally we haven't won many, but we are very hard to beat and eventually we will turn some of these draws into wins. Our form is the 7th best in the country if you look at the relevant statistics - i.e this season.

In the last three games, Ross County have lost two and won one; we've drawn all three.

It's the same points, but chucking a win in there (especially when it was in the last game) makes things look better.

I'm not saying you've been utter shite, just saying surely as fans you're getting a bit bored of draws and shite performances?

If we manage to shite it to 6th or better then it's a mildly successful season. That's the objective for us, with a wee cup run preferably.

I'd love to see us playing football the way I believe it should be played, but I'm coming around to the realisation that it's hard to balance the aesthetics with the results in this league. If we play committed football like the Second V Hearts for the rest of the season, it may not be Barca, but it'll do. For now.

What the f**k am I reading from some Dees recently? If we'd finished 10th last season we'd have been more than happy with our current position, but because we just finished 6th we should be pushing on for Europe?

Stop having unrealistic expectations and remember where we've been languishing in our recent history FFS.

What the f**k am I reading from some Dees recently? If we'd finished 10th last season we'd have been more than happy with our current position, but because we just finished 6th we should be pushing on for Europe?

Stop having unrealistic expectations and remember where we've been languishing in our recent history FFS.

^^^^This boy kens.

We need a few seasons at this level, establish ourselves then look to kick on when we are stable - next season (if we stay up...) will be a very tough top flight and I wouldn't be surprised to see us float around 8th - 10th all season depending on promotion and how other teams recruit etc - some of our fans could be at serious risk of aneurism.

Exactly.

Our aim is to stay in this league. Anything else is a bonus.