All things Dundee FC

I'm not thick at all, I just don't clap my hands every time somebody mentions our troops. It's slightly jingoistic to laud soldiers at a game and not really a fitting tribute to those forced to their graves 100 years ago.

As I said the strip is classy, the whole armed forces show not so much.

You seem better informed than the rest of us. Where do you get the bit about lauding current soldiers? Current and former service people are getting tickets. Are schoolchildren being lauded when schools get free tickets?

At Ibrox soldiers prance around on the pitch singing Rangers songs. I doubt if that will be happening at Dens.

And to be slightly pedantic, all the British soldiers at the Battle of Loos were volunteers.

I'm not thick at all, I just don't clap my hands every time somebody mentions our troops. It's slightly jingoistic to laud soldiers at a game and not really a fitting tribute to those forced to their graves 100 years ago.

I doubt you even have hands, Hooves maybe.

Very Rangersesque imo.

It might be - if we did it every other month in an attempt to show how 'British' we are/were.

The club is doing it to mark the centenary of a particularly horrific battle where there was a particularly high number of young Scottish men, many of whom were from the Black Watch, killed.

I quote -

'The city of Dundee was particularly affected. The 4th Battalion of the Black Watch, also known as ‘Dundee’s own’, suffered huge losses at Loos, with 57% of men being killed or seriously wounded on the first day of battle'.

We are not a sectarian club and Dundee is one of the few places that voted yes to independence - rejecting 'Britishness'.

You've made an arse of yourself here chum.

Edited by Fifespud

It might be - if we did it every other month in an attempt to show how 'British' we are/were.

The club is doing it to mark the centenary of a particularly horrific battle where there was a particularly high number of young Scottish men, many of whom were from the Black Watch, killed.

I quote -

'The city of Dundee was particularly affected. The 4th Battalion of the Black Watch, also known as Dundees own, suffered huge losses at Loos, with 57% of men being killed or seriously wounded on the first day of battle'.

We are not a sectarian club and Dundee is one of the few places that voted yes to independence - rejecting 'Britishness'.

You've made an arse of yourself here chum.

Now thats a 'TELT'!

You do have a bit of a point but arent half coming across as a complete arsehole in doing so

He's supposedly turned down Shrewsbury to sign at Petergead. Shrewsbury have then went and signed Ian Black.

I was going to write something that Shrewsbury clearly don't test for in their medicals but I won't bother as it'll get removed.

Good morning, looking for a bit of info if possible

I'm interviewing your former player Stevie Pittman the ex us international tomorrow who played in the early nineties and was wondering if any of the older fans had any anecdotes, or memories of his time at the club

Cheers

All I can remember about him was that his style of play could be described as "Whole hearted". I think he went on to play more games for Thistle than us.