All things Dundee FC

My comments saying I refuse to respect a thieving women-beater were removed from the nicey nicey forum :lol: Done with that forum, mods are power daft. According to some zoomer on there it is "atrocious" and "unbefitting of the club" to mention these things because he was a nice enough guy when sober. Jesus wept.

Hey Mr Grandosaur,

I only removed the comment about him being a wife beater because it would have been considered libellous to you and the forum, the rest of your comment was left intact and I happen to agree with you that Dundee FC shouldn't be giving him the time of day.

It'll be the Dark Blues. They're warning/banning folk for swearing or even attempting to manipulate a word to get through the swear filter. Laughable.

Hey Deeboy,

We have never ever given a warning or a banning to anyone for swearing or manipulating the swear filter, never! :)

Hey Mr Grandosaur,

I only removed the comment about him being a wife beater because it would have been considered libellous to you and the forum, the rest of your comment was left intact and I happen to agree with you that Dundee FC shouldn't be giving him the time of day.

I think if the person is dead then it can't be libellous, also was he not found guilty in court of being a woman beater?

I think if the person is dead then it can't be libellous, also was he not found guilty in court of being a woman beater?

That still doesn't prevent the family of the deceased from suing for defamation of character through civil action, and while there is a good change that nothing would happen I would rather not take the chance.

Edited by BlueDee

Have to be honest, some of the comments from Dundee fans about this are properly disgusting. I understand you may not have liked him, but surely you just stay silent for a while after he's died rather than come out with all this shite during his death then straight after. Lost a lot of respect for some on here, just seems totally pointless.

I dont think you should get in trouble for telling the truth .

My views on him havent changed whether he was alive or deceased. I agree we can maybe cool it for a while but he wont get sympathy from me in the 8th minute either.

~Hell will freeze over before I pay the man a minute respect or applause at any Dundee game. I have no time for him, wont show him any respect but at the same time I won't speak ill of him either (more down to respect for his family)

Have to be honest, some of the comments from Dundee fans about this are properly disgusting. I understand you may not have liked him, but surely you just stay silent for a while after he's died rather than come out with all this shite during his death then straight after. Lost a lot of respect for some on here, just seems totally pointless.

I have never commented about the guy but I will say this, just because he is dead does not make him a saint.

I think the issue here is that the press and the United fans have painted him out to be something he is not. He was an alcoholic who beat his wife. Quoted in the papers saying "I break her heart, then I beat her up"

A clearly talented footballer but I dont think that should hide the fact that the man was a total arse.

I for one would not be clapping him if I was going to the football this weekend. The Dee's on here may upset others because they are blunt about it, but you cant deny they are speaking the truth.

I have never commented about the guy but I will say this, just because he is dead does not make him a saint.

I think the issue here is that the press and the United fans have painted him out to be something he is not. He was an alcoholic who beat his wife. Quoted in the papers saying "I break her heart, then I beat her up"

A clearly talented footballer but I dont think that should hide the fact that the man was a total arse.

I for one would not be clapping him if I was going to the football this weekend. The Dee's on here may upset others because they are blunt about it, but you cant deny they are speaking the truth.

I'm not saying he was a saint, I'm not saying he wasnt anything that hes been called, I'm not saying you have to have an applause or anything.

I'm saying it seems pretty shite to be calling a dying man, then a recently dead man, everything under the Sun on a public forum.

I'm saying it seems pretty shite to be calling a dying man, then a recently dead man, everything under the Sun on a public forum.

You can fùck right off. Calling him what he was, is natural. As was said, it's being made out that because he was a talented footballer, we should just skim over all of his sins. Where do you draw the line here? Do we not speak ill of Ian Huntley when he's at deaths door or when he's recently exited it?

Disgusting? Get over yourself. Disgusting in my world is battering women, thieving from the elderly and such like.

People calling a spade a spade isn't disgusting. Even if said spade is dade.

Edited by Mr Gandosaur

I went back on to find the topic/post where the rules and repercussions of doing either were laid out, to quote it, but I couldn't find it now.

Swearing and and trying to avoid the profanity filter is against our TOS and Community guidelines, but it isn't something we really enforce, and we certainly would never ban or hand out warnings for doing so. Sure we might quote the TOS (now and then) when someone continually uses excessive language and especially when aimed at another member, but ban someone, lol no.

Swearing and and trying to avoid the profanity filter is against our TOS and Community guidelines, but it isn't something we really enforce, and we certainly would never ban or hand out warnings for doing so. Sure we might quote the TOS (now and then) when someone continually uses excessive language and especially when aimed at another member, but ban someone, lol no.

post-12838-0-65357400-1441904862_thumb.j

:lol:

Enjoy church at the weekend...what a saint you are :angel

I'm not saying he was a saint, I'm not saying he wasnt anything that hes been called, I'm not saying you have to have an applause or anything.

Before I go on I've not said a word about him - good or bad.

I will say it doesn't sit well with me that a man who was notorious for drinking, domestic violence and theft is being portrayed as a great guy with all these statements from people about him now that he's gone. Where were all these great pals when he was drinking himself to death? Buying him a pint in the boozer most likely.

If you think people stating facts about him after his death is disgusting because the facts are unpleasant then I suggest its you who has the issues.

Perhaps if these great pals took more time to confront him with this truth when he was alive he'd still be here to tell his story. Much easier just to buy him another drink though.