All things Dundee FC

Saw a few disparaging comments about Nick Ross on the match day thread, based on Hearts, the friendlies and Killie I'd have agreed, but I watched him a lot tonight and he was top notch! McPake was done like a kipper for the two goals but all is forgiven for his predatory instinct.

Konrad had an absolute stormer, bit of competition maybe serves him well!

McGowan was poor until Low came on. The link up play between them two was absolutely brilliant.

Ross was brilliant. Doesnt lose the ball - needs to score in the first half though....

Thommo went off and we lost the place - I've seen a load of guys ask why he's captain and why we persist with him when hes only fit 50% of the time - that is why.

We were brutal until Low came on - he won that midfield back - what a guy.

Special mention to Harkins - won a challenge and hit a useful effort all in the 94th minute - see last season, he'd have been showered and dressed by that time. Nowhere near his best performance but to see him working the full 90 (+4) is glorious.

In addition - I want Julen punted.

I don't think a game has gone by without him getting s head knock / burst open I include preseason in this.

His swarthy good looks will be fucked after a full season, Chris Erskine used to look like Julen......

Not been sure about Ross but tonight he was fantastic. Great first touch and close control. Want to bang on about Stewart but what can you even say anymore? The boy is fucking tremendous.

Love Thomson and Harkins in midfield but you have you have to wonder how many times you will actually see that this season. McGowan, as much as I love him, isn't a replacement for Thomson. He's decent at a lot of things but not particularly good at anything apart from kicking ankles. Low should have been on first

I don't think he looked that bad, granted I only watched on TV. Some of his runs were brilliant and he had Durnan's head up his arse at times, only Donaldson covering very well saved them. If I was to be dropping anyone it would be Loy. A mile off the pace. None of the two held the ball up well enough.

Edited by Deeboy

Not been sure about Ross but tonight he was fantastic. Great first touch and close control. Want to bang on about Stewart but what can you even say anymore? The boy is fucking tremendous.

Love Thomson and Harkins in midfield but you have you have to wonder how many times you will actually see that this season. McGowan, as much as I love him, isn't a replacement for Thomson. He's decent at a lot of things but not particularly good at anything apart from kicking ankles. Low should have been on first

Some of our fans were getting ripped into Ross on the match thread last night when we went down. I honestly despair at fellow Dees sometimes - the boy had a very good game.

Some of our fans were getting ripped into Ross on the match thread last night when we went down. I honestly despair at fellow Dees sometimes - the boy had a very good game.

I agree. When we were on top he was an important factor. He was holding the ball well and playing intelligent passes successfully, not just the easy, safe ones. He was doing exacctly what United weren't doing in the first half.

If I was to be dropping anyone it would be Loy. A mile off the pace. None of the two held the ball up well enough.

Loy was twice as good as Hemmings and that was Loy half fit. TBF I don't think Hemmings looks 100%, well I hope he is not or he could be a real let down.

I agree. When we were on top he was an important factor. He was holding the ball well and playing intelligent passes successfully, not just the easy, safe ones. He was doing exacctly what United weren't doing in the first half.

Yip. Any fans giving him grief haven't seen him play or have no eyes. He has been very good our first 3 games, looks a great prospect.

Think it's just deeboy who dosnt see what everyone else does. May be wrong sure he posted this but can't be fooked looking back.
Indeed it was and I was backed up by quite a few of other folk not at the game. I'll happily hold my hands up if he was doing more off the ball than the TV cameras showed. I won't however take that he played well against Hearts.