All things Dundee FC

Unbelievable that we managed to make an £820,000 loss over last season. It makes sense why Bomber fell on his sword now as imagine the credibility he'd have had at Rangers (I know he has practically none, except with the knuckledraggers) and he didn't get us up and we were in serious bother again?! FS. Worrying.

Link.

That's frightening.

Where do you get the £3m debt from? I've had some Arab tweeting the same thing to me.

Its in the courier article you posted;

Dundee Football Clubs debt has risen to more than £3 million over the last financial year.

The Dens Park sides annual accounts up until May 31, 2014 show the club was just over £3.1m in the red.

The Courier article is bollocks. That's not what the accounts say. I've provided countless basic lessons in accountancy on P&B in the past when we were in admin and when the current regime at Dens were taking over. It was very boring and nobody listened anyway. So in future I'm going to waste my time in more enjoyable ways. :)

Of, FFS, I've just checked the link I posted. I tweeted to the journalist about how he screwed up and he's changed the story to something that's even more wrong. My apologies to you Kyle, but the Courier is just making itself look more clueless. I despair. :(

Edited by rambling syd rumpo

The Courier article is bollocks. That's not what the accounts say. I've provided countless basic lessons in accountancy on P&B in the past when we were in admin and when the current regime at Dens were taking over. It was very boring and nobody listened anyway. So in future I'm going to waste my time in more enjoyable ways. :)

So how much debt is there?

Posted about Dundee before on here and the direction the Americans are taking the club in, but was shot down by many fans of the Dee saying that "all is fine". Surely these financial figures prove otherwise.

I will ask again, what are the Americans intentions for Dundee? Did they not claim that they were going to purchase Dens from John Bennett? How is that going? They said they were going down the route of youth and did in fact spend money on an indoor training facility? How is this going?

Are Dundee fans worried about their current level of spending? Do they think it is sustainable?

Im not trying to have a go here, just had my suspicions about the Americans ever since they took over and looking for a fans insight into matters.

So how much debt is there?

There doesn't seem to be bank debt. The net current liabilities figure is £214k.

The 3.1m is the accumulated loss which doesn't necessarily mean it's debt. It's more of a deficit.

Exactly. It's the accumulated hit to the capital. It can be made up by various means. In Dundee's case it's been done almost entirely by increasing the capital from the new investors.