All things Dundee FC

Don't disagree, but as I said, I don't think he's significantly better than either Konrad or McPake considering he'll be wanting a decent wedge and would hardly be a popular signing with the fans all things considered.

The sounds on Kerr are all promising and to have him as 4th choice RB at the age of 20 (If we're talking next season) would have the writing on the wall for him at Dens IMO. McGinn has been poor of late, but it doesn't take away from the fact that he's got the ability to be one of the best RB's in the league.

Disagree that we need experience in the defence. Experience is great to have in the team but it already has two 30+ members in the backline of four in Irvine and McPake, what we're needing is a LB of decent/promising quality and a stand-out CH that can ensure we're fighting for top 6 on a regular basis. Dillon is neither of these in my opinion.

Fair enough

As I said as long as the wages aren't ridiculous I think he is a good signing. We have all stated throughout the season that we need more cover at the back.

I suppose a lot would depend on what happens with dyer, irvine and the Bulgarian at the end of the season but having someone as versatile as Dillon is almost like having two players due to the number of positions he can cover.

And while I know more often than not that he has played rb and filled in at ch/lb at times. He has been a consistent member of a team regularly finishing in the top half of the table.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Why wouldn't Dillon be a popular signing? Remember Jim Lauchlan? He was brilliant for us. If he's available and wanted to come to dens I think we would be stupid not to take up the option provided it doesn't break the bank!

Edited by scottdeeuk

Why wouldn't Dillon be a popular signing? Remember Jim Lauchlan? He was brilliant for us. If he's available and wanted to come to dens I think we would be stupid not to take up the option provided it doesn't break the bank!

Stop that.

Pretty sure it was Dillon that the Motherwell player skinned with ease at the weekend despite him slipping in the build up and still retaining the ball. Cafu, Davo or McPake would have had the boy and the ball wiped out into the stand.

Certainly wouldn't be my pick either to be honest, he's a right/centre back.

I would keep Irvine and McGinn fighting for right back for now. Cammy Kerr joining the so he can actually get a chance( i've heard he's been playing well for Peterhead).

We have 3 first team centre backs and Davidson in dire circumstances. Fairly sure we can yet recall Benedictus before the window closes as well.

Left Back is where we are short. Dyer with Irvine as back up, arguable that Irvine is currently first choice. We need a lefty. I wouldn't be against trying to land that Hendrie boy from Hamilton if possible, he's young and promising. One things for sure he can't be being paid that much by Hamilton. Heard his deal to West Ham is off as well.

Edited by dburns

Ando? And the big hillbilly from East Kilbride? McPake would still easily be first choice for us if we had both of them.

This post pretty much proves how clueless you are, tbh.

That's not good. Who could we get as a backup? Schenk is shite.

To answer that honestly, not got a clue! A keeper at Dumarton or Alloa no doubt... I kind of want to see him play again, given the manner he was thrown in the squad and the goals themselves I don't think he could've done much better other than two of them!