All things Dundee FC

Boyle's looked good in one game - against Efe Ambrose - which says it all really.

When he has come up against other full-backs he has struggled because he is so predictable. He may well have ripped Championship left-backs a new one last season - but that (sadly) seems to be his level. Loads of pace but no consistent end product.

When it worked for him it was very effective but sadly we seldom see that. Boyle is very one dimensional, he has pace - that's it.

I've got to agree with some of the posts above; Boyle can't pick a pass, can't cross, can't beat a man and his decision making is woeful. That's probably the worst aspect of his game as it effects all the points above. He may have more success with these if he picked the right one to do at the right time.

Maybe time at hibs with different coaching can help him and I wish him all the best. I'll remember him fondly for the game against accies at dens last season just after Hartley came in!

Don't know anything at all about this Harris boy, presumably if he was good they'd be keeping him so I'm underwhelmed but we'll wait n see what he's like in a couple of games before making my mind up.

Edited by rodallegabombs

I think Harris started as a chalk-on-the-boots style winger that would get to the bye-line and get a cross in as well as offering a goal threat. Butcher ruined his confidence and he hasn't played that much this season with Stubbs preferring a narrow midfield diamond. When he's played this season, he's been more likely to drift infield and act like a playmaker rather than attack the full-back. Maybe that's to do with his confidence.

I think he's a cracking player that needs to find his feet and get a run of games. Maybe a change of environment will be good for him. As a Ross County fan looking at tomorrow's game, I would have been more wary of Boyle's pace as an option than Harris creating something.

I know the Bulgarian can play as a holding midfielder too, I wonder if this is worth trying out. It's unreal how easy teams get at out back four, maybe someone sitting in front of them will stop that.

In saying that I think Konrad would benefit from being out of the team at the minute, from has seriously dipped recently.

I know the Bulgarian can play as a holding midfielder too, I wonder if this is worth trying out. It's unreal how easy teams get at out back four, maybe someone sitting in front of them will stop that.

In saying that I think Konrad would benefit from being out of the team at the minute, from has seriously dipped recently.

If that is the boy then he looks like a no-nonsense central defender.

Here's his obligatory 6 minute YouTube montage featuring him headering the ball away from danger and punting the ball up the park:

They do like a long ball in Bulgaria if that is a typical 6 mins and our boy does love a header.

Doesn't look like a racist either so that is nice.

Welcome Uncle.

He burst onto the scene and was really impressed with him. There's a whole raft of reasons with why his heads went down at Hibs. Hopefully Hartley pulls it out him.

Does seem to be a trend with us, getting players that either have baggage or some kind of point to prove. Width is something that I feel we do lack at times so if Hartley can get the boys head right then hopefully it'll be a good move.

Maybe we could speak to hibs with a view to a similar deal for Scotty Allan and Jim McCallister.......