All things Dundee FC

I don't get why we loaned out Wighton, we didn't loan out Strachan at that age or Iain Ferguson and Ray Stevens and they played when there was no protection compared to now.

If he wasn't as good right now as what we have playing regularly but knew he had the potential I could understand it but he's better than any other forward we have.

I've read about the physical side but he seems to handle it, certainly a lot better than more senior players we've had like Riley.

If he's good enough he is old enough.

I don't get why we loaned out Wighton, we didn't loan out Strachan at that age or Iain Ferguson and Ray Stevens and they played when there was no protection compared to now.

If he wasn't as good right now as what we have playing regularly but knew he had the potential I could understand it but he's better than any other forward we have.

I've read about the physical side but he seems to handle it, certainly a lot better than more senior players we've had like Riley.

Agreed. Or if we had to loan him out, drop him down to the Championship at most, not two levels.

Absolutely...almost won us the game against Patrick. Yes pity Nicky Riley was injury prone and that he didn't improve his final ball but his dribbling and crazy runs were better than Boyle's in entertainment terms and he did provide some assists. Not that I am criticising PH. Edited by tripc0de

I think Nicky's time was up when he couldn't muster the strength to get four consective corners to even reach the front post against Morton in the first 10 minutes of the game. From then on his legs looked completely shot in that game.

Won't be a popular opinion on here but think Hartley was right to loan out Wighton.

He wasn't getting enough opportunities in the first team and exposure to first team football will aid his development.

I do feel though that certain sections of our support are bigging this boy up way to much and it will do him good to get some game time away from the expectation of the dundee team.

He has great potential but that's all it is at the moment. He did play well against Thistle but couple of other games when he came on he was easily pushed off the ball and seemed to dwell on the ball a few times. He clearly has a lot of developing to do as any 17 year old does and think we will see a big improvement in him if he can get a run in the Brechin side.

The boy clearly has bags of ability as development games have shown but he has a lot of learning to do in terms of first team competitive football and a dundee side first season back in premier league going through a rough patch probably isn't the best place to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Won't be a popular opinion on here but think Hartley was right to loan out Wighton.

He wasn't getting enough opportunities in the first team and exposure to first team football will aid his development.

I do feel though that certain sections of our support are bigging this boy up way to much and it will do him good to get some game time away from the expectation of the dundee team.

He has great potential but that's all it is at the moment. He did play well against Thistle but couple of other games when he came on he was easily pushed off the ball and seemed to dwell on the ball a few times. He clearly has a lot of developing to do as any 17 year old does and think we will see a big improvement in him if he can get a run in the Brechin side.

The boy clearly has bags of ability as development games have shown but he has a lot of learning to do in terms of first team competitive football and a dundee side first season back in premier league going through a rough patch probably isn't the best place to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Well argued point but I disagree. I feel he should have been given a run in the team after the Thistle game.