All things Dundee FC

It's just dawned on me of the tremendous irony in Scott Judas Robertson plying his trade in the Championship after leaving us to play in the top league.

DeeWee Man getting upset very easily these days. The early season excitement has worn off quickly.

Tripper, I've played and watched the game all my days. I don't need to read a fucking book to understand the game. Saying stuff like "the ball is the fastest player on the pitch" is the sort of clichéd, pretentious pish an under 8s coach who has just done his first coaching badge and suddenly thinks he's Carlo Ancelloti would come out with.

If all you need are passers of the ball, where would a team of ten Kevin McBrides get you?

Who's over-rating Boyler and Roberts anyway? I haven't seen anyone saying they're world beaters. I'd definitely rather have them on the wing than a good passer of the ball like Kevin McBride or Kevin Thomson.

Sake, Tripper.

Ok, I knew mentioning a book might cause a few problems. You should read it and learn something. I didn't think I would but it's well written and interesting. And the comment about the ball is one of the points, well made, within it. It's true. A good passer of the ball, at speed, is a very valuable asset. The ball travels faster than the fastest player can run...

I see Steve Martin is looking at the idea of putting cardboard fans in the unused section of the Derry with their faces blanked out and fans can bid to have their face superimposed over the top of it.

Never heard something so embarrassing!

Yeah pretty poor... just get a plan to do up the South Enclosure full stop.

The dundee family are reunited at last.

We're still missing a few, Jockey's Jetpack hasn't been seen lately and bloomoganners is gone too. :(

I wouldn't say so...I've been enjoying the threads and some decent discussion without the boring slagging matches that were commonplace before. It's down hill from here...

I understand where you're coming from but you've got to admit, its a lot quieter without him, hopefully our 'new friend' will be a wee bit more mellow than the dearly departed NDD.

Ok, I knew mentioning a book might cause a few problems. You should read it and learn something. I didn't think I would but it's well written and interesting. And the comment about the ball is one of the points, well made, within it. It's true. A good passer of the ball, at speed, is a very valuable asset. The ball travels faster than the fastest player can run...

You're right we should play Letheren and 10 balls on Saturday.

Balls are the quickest things on the pitch anyway. We'd be lightening quick.

DeeWee Man getting upset very easily these days. The early season excitement has worn off quickly.

I can picture you sitting on the hotel computer with your Soda water, while your wife is out getting chatted up from the local Turkish sneeks. In the old dears take a break magazine next week we'll read how she was swayed from yourself as you sat on P&B oblivious.

Some holiday Granny.

IMO has to drop Harkins and play Stewart in the hole off a front man, great at bringing others into play and was a great foil for Hemmings doing the same job at Cowdenbeath! Start with Peaso or Clarkson to have an out an out striker up top.

Could we possibly line up something like this?

Letheren

McGinn McPake Konrad Irvine

McGowan Ferry

Boyle Stewart Roberts

Peaso

I know Roberts or Boyle aren't left sided but they could interchange throughout game. Just gives us more width and pace to try and get in behind. Also if they ball is playing that gives us even more pace.