All things Dundee FC

I'd imagine that Toshney might not come to dens . He just spent most of his career on Celtics bench so doubt he'd reject a starting job at hibs to come to us.

As for Clarkson we'll have to support him like we did nade and then maybe he might actually be decent. Do have my reservations on him though. In Hartley We Trust

So we have tank, peaso, wighton, stewart and Clarkson. Stewart has been used as a midfielder though. If Toshney comes in then we'll be set.

That's why I don't understand signing Clarkson it seems like a waste because we have more than enough up front. Boyle could also be added to that list.

I still reckon the tank will come good once he gets a goal or two to lift his confidence.

Also read in paper tonight that Hartley looking to get Riley and Kerr out on loan in near future. While Riley is no loss as we are covered in midfield but if he lets Kerr go we are really gonna need some defensive cover as that would leave worryingly short of numbers at the back.

That's why I don't understand signing Clarkson it seems like a waste because we have more than enough up front. Boyle could also be added to that list.

I still reckon the tank will come good once he gets a goal or two to lift his confidence.

Also read in paper tonight that Hartley looking to get Riley and Kerr out on loan in near future. While Riley is no loss as we are covered in midfield but if he lets Kerr go we are really gonna need some defensive cover as that would leave worryingly short of numbers at the back.

I think it's a good signing...we now have two proper finishers and one proven at this level. The rest are either no 10s or wingers. Edited by tripc0de

I think it's a good signing...we now have two proper finishers and one proven at this level. The rest are either no 10s or wingers.

I hope it does prove to be a good signing still think the wage could be better spent elsewhere.

I wouldn't describe Clarkson as a proper finisher he is averaging around a goal every 5 games and hasn't scored more than more than 7 in a season since he left motherwell 5 years ago he is hardly prolific.

Edited by dundeefc1783

I hope it does prove to be a good signing still think the wage could be better spent elsewhere.

I wouldn't describe Clarkson as a proper finisher he is averaging around a goal every 5 games and hasn't scored more than more than 7 in a season since he left motherwell 5 years ago he is hardly prolific.

Let's hope he returns to his Mother well prolificness then...he was definitely a 'finisher' in those days.

Let's hope he returns to his Mother well prolificness then...he was definitely a 'finisher' in those days.

That's the thing he was hardly prolific then either averaging a goal every 4.5 games.

Yeah it's not bad but it's hardly prolific and was a long long time ago.

Just don't see what he adds and think it's a fairly pointless signing when we are crying out for players in other areas.

I hope he proves me wrong and PH obviously knows what he is doing and has been spot on with his previous business and hopefully is still planning on strengthening the defence.

Think reading between the lines of what Hartley has said, hes been playing out wide and not as the out and out number 9, which is what he see's him. Pep hasnt got much wrong so far, so ive every confidence he can get back to his Motherwell form, which resulted in Scotland caps. And hes still only 28 so hitting his peak.

Edited by G*DogDFC