All things Dundee FC

Great goal that. We do need an out and out finisher and I never thought Tankulic was that. MacDonald has it but is a bit less effective now.

Tankulic will come good I think and Peaso is still effective, He came on to score our goal that gots us our first win of the season.

Anyway what a load of bollocks the Mods banning NDD.

Tankulic will come good I think and Peaso is still effective, He came on to score our goal that gots us our first win of the season.

Anyway what a load of bollocks the Mods banning NDD.

Yes totally brilliant touch v St Mirren. Just meant that as he's a bit older now and we're in the Prem, he can't be relied on as lead striker. Still a strong role to play though. He just knows what space to move into and where to position himself as all the great finishers do. Edited by tripc0de

Yes totally brilliant touch v St Mirren. Just meant that as he's a bit older now and we're in the Prem, he can't be relied on as lead striker. Still a strong role to play though. He just knows what space to move into and where to position himself as all the great finishers do.

I think your doing Peaso a disservice there. I think we can get at least a good 70 minutes out of him most weeks. Yes he is getting on but what he lacks in pace he more than makes up in intelligence on the park as he showed against celtic.

I would be happy to have him as our main striker this season with the tank, Boyle and Wighton filling in when required.

If he plays regularly this year I don't see why he couldn't get into double figures.

If we are going to strengthen the squad I would be happier if it were at the back as opposed to up front.

I think your doing Peaso a disservice there. I think we can get at least a good 70 minutes out of him most weeks. Yes he is getting on but what he lacks in pace he more than makes up in intelligence on the park as he showed against celtic.

I would be happy to have him as our main striker this season with the tank, Boyle and Wighton filling in when required.

If he plays regularly this year I don't see why he couldn't get into double figures.

If we are going to strengthen the squad I would be happier if it were at the back as opposed to up front.

No definitely not...we need a younger out and out finisher. I like Peaso but we shouldn't be relying on him as our main striker. Hartley obviously thinks this too.

No definitely not...we need a younger out and out finisher. I like Peaso but we shouldn't be relying on him as our main striker. Hartley obviously thinks this too.

How does Hartley obviously think this?

He started our last game against the supposed best side in the league and will almost certainly start on Saturday. that tells you something doesn't it?

Who exactly do you propose for this younger out and out striker? There can't be many available.

We have enough up front especially if some of our more attacking midfielders can chip in with a few goals.

Hartley's priority if there is any remaining budget left needs to be looking to get some defensive cover in.

If we pick up an injury up front we can ride that out but say for instance we pick up an injury at centre half this week (fingers crossed we don't) we could be going into two derbies with Irvine at left back and Davo at centre half and that's not caused by an injury crisis that's by one injury in each position and that doesn't bare thinking about.

Edited by dundeefc1783

Hartley in the paper regarding Irvine, 'He’s been excellent at left-back, a position that’s unusual to him.

“Gary has good experience and it makes you think twice about where you need to strengthen. He’s in good form.”

Rather implies Hartley's getting less worried about the issue at LB. Think that'll be us until January unless an absolute bargain floats by.

Hartley in the paper regarding Irvine, 'He’s been excellent at left-back, a position that’s unusual to him.

“Gary has good experience and it makes you think twice about where you need to strengthen. He’s in good form.”

Rather implies Hartley's getting less worried about the issue at LB. Think that'll be us until January unless an absolute bargain floats by.

Yeah it does give that impression but even if he is happy with Irvine in at left back we are worryingly short of defensive cover.

Tbf to Irvine he is in good form but always think he is just a couple of poor decisions away from disaster especially being played out of position.

Peaso is a out and out finisher and he can totally be our main striker. 'Dundee1873' posts have been spot on. Saying 'Hartley obviously thinks this too' is bollocks, just because of a couple of rumours doesn't mean Hartley wants these guys.

Peaso is a out and out finisher and he can totally be our main striker. 'Dundee1873' posts have been spot on. Saying 'Hartley obviously thinks this too' is bollocks, just because of a couple of rumours doesn't mean Hartley wants these guys.

Sorry disagree with both of you. I think he can do a job but shouldn't be our main striker. Why do you think Hartley almost let him go in the Summer...? We should be getting in a proven goalscorer at this level. We probably won't get one but we'll suffer for it. I think Peaso is great and plays his heart out all the same.