All things Dundee FC

3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Wonder if we’d be in with a shout of getting him on loan 6 months. Surely be a hard ask going straight from L2 to playing in Prem.

S’pose there’s a chance but he’s training with us for a year so I reckon he’ll be hoping he goes straight into the squad. 

7 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Wonder if we’d be in with a shout of getting him on loan 6 months. Surely be a hard ask going straight from L2 to playing in Prem.

Will be interesting to see if he does go out on loan. Like you, I think it's a massive jump from L2 to Prem but stranger things have happened. Wouldn't be against him going to a championship side on loan but that will all depend on our squad depth I'd imagine.

42 minutes ago, Dee-funked said:

Got to say the way the gaffer’s talking about Reilly it certainly comes across as if he’s going to be part of the first team plans rather than farmed out somewhere.

But. Will he dislodge Rudden?

Yeah, for me, I don't see Rudden having a Jakubiak style revival. Had the best part of a year to come good with us in the Championship and top flight and largely didn't look like a footballer. 6 month at a struggling St Johnstone didn't rejuvenate him either.

No doubt he'll be a player that has a proper purple patch in 5 or 6 seasons time but that's all it'll be. He knows where the net is in a goal mouth scramble but has very few other positives going for him.

Put it this way, the only striker he'd get ahead of from the bunch we had last season would be Sheridan and that's because he was injured. Kwame, Jak & obviously Robinson were all considerably better and if we're releasing Jak then Rudden surely can't have much of a future other than out of necessity because he's contracted. There's got to be some mug that will be willing to take him off our hands.

Above all else though, he seemed quite unprofessional as well in his comments after he signed for St Johnstone.

59 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

We should be good neighbours and punt him to the dayglo funsters. Be a good signing for them. 

I don't think they would be able to afford him spud, worrying times for everyone with a dayglo face. IMO.

Thank you.

eta.

Spoiler

Protest Dance on Haughey's Grave on Make a GIF

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again