All things Dundee FC

42 minutes ago, The Master said:

All round to his for the first meal of the day.

Apparently he wanted to sign for us because we play in Deep Blue (or) Something. 

My flatmate played that single on repeat for a fortnight. Reddied for triggering ptsd

15 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but is he another left footer? Like McCowan?

If I remember right he's right footed heavily enough to the point that he doesn't use his left much. Hasn't stopped him or McCowan though, as long as you can beat the defender you're good!

Quite happy with this signing, been one I'd hoped we'd make for a wee while. Just hope he can make the jump up well enough.

Stuart Taylor as assistant manager. 
Robert Kielty as head of fitness. 
Kevin Milne as a physio. 

Also a new head of recruitment, but we can’t name them because they’re under contract at another club 👀

7 minutes ago, The Master said:

Kevin Milne as a physio. 

Also a new head of recruitment, but we can’t name them because they’re under contract at another club 👀

Wonder if it might be one of ours, just waiting for his payoff? 

I hope the new Head of Recruitment can make a real difference. It can be pretty deflating when clubs like Livi, 'Well, St Murren etc can bring in players from lower leagues down south or abroad and get players like Van Veen, Nouble, Baccus etc and we get Roarie Deacon and Joe Grayson (apologies for bringing back such terrible memories for my fellow Dees...) 

Good signing for Dundee and bad luck for us.He can be a hell of a handful when on song and can play on both wings ,however,goes down easy when up against big centre halfs or central defenders .

Good luck to the lad in his step up to the Premier ,although he played 39 games in three seasons for Livingston before being loaned out then signed by Thistle.Can’t recall why he didn’t feature much with Livi.

4 hours ago, Reid said:

He’s definitely capable of stepping up. Don’t begrudge him the move at all and hope he does well.

He wasn't deemed capable by Martindale when we swapped him for Penrice, but he's had a few years developing at Thistle, so maybe he's improved. Buzzes around and does a lot of running, Danny Mullen type player.

A player who did do well for us and went back to Thistle was Stevie Lawless, him and Dykes played well together and scored a fair amount of goals for us. Would def have Jack McMillan back too, great utility player that was good playing RB/RWB and LB/LWB, reckon he deserved a start for us but was never shifting Nicky Devlin. 

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

2 hours ago, The Master said:

Kevin Milne as a physio. 

Stuart Taylor, on paper, looks a good appointment. Limerick, Aston Villa, Stoke and Ipswich on his travels. Worked in Scotland extensively so knows how it all goes on. 

5 hours ago, Pens_Dark said:

Delighted with that. He was impressive all season for Partick. That is some kick in the stones for Thistle given the weekend.

Not really. We have been resigned to losing all our out of contract players after Sunday and todays financial news makes that a cert!

Disappointed to lose Tiff, but not at all surprised. Wish him well at Dundee and I believe he’ll do well for you. He’s a cracking player, with fitness issues being his only drawback. Very fast on and off the ball and loves to take his man on constantly and usually beat him which is a rarity. Has added more goals to his game recently as well and ended the season on 12 for us which is a decent return considering he was injured for almost half the season.  

Our new Head of Recruitment is going to be based down South as Docherty feels we are well covered up here and need to be tapping into down South more and potentially even globally.