All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, Wee jeemie said:

I can’t remember any abuse of McGinn while he was at dens except one game against Ross co , think it 4 nil at dens and most of the goals came down Paul’s side , apart from that game he got nothing but praise 

He got loads of abuse. He apparently couldn't defend, we were losing goals at the back post (he was doubled up on as Harlin's and Stewart were way up field) and it was his fault. The blame shifted to them when it was Cammy losing the goals though.

He was also chased for not being able to cross.

11 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/ryan-sweeney-departs-the-club/

Sweeney gone. Done the job for us in getting promotion but I thought the first half of last season he was particularly poor and contributed to a lot of bad results.

We have improved on him in my opinion getting Shaugnessy in.

I liked big Ryan but I agree we have hopefully improved. 

Thank f**k Sweeney wanted to move on.

'New and improved deal'.

Deary me, Dundee. 

As it stands whether it was actually the clubs intention or not we are in a stronger position. Another centre back in on a decent wage I'd presume replacing Sweeney.

Thank you.

33 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

He got loads of abuse. He apparently couldn't defend, we were losing goals at the back post (he was doubled up on as Harlin's and Stewart were way up field) and it was his fault. The blame shifted to them when it was Cammy losing the goals though.

He was also chased for not being able to cross.

See I didn’t blame him when he was left isolated and neither, unlike you, do I blame Cammy. 
Full backs who can cross really well and defend play in the EPL. 

2 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Retaining 1 from Ashcroft and Sweeney is ideal, not both. Ashcroft was the better of the 2 last season. 

Agreed, said earlier in the thread that the backs (6) that were hopeless in the top league last time weren't going to be any different this time, we have re-signed enough of them.

Much as we all like to boo Dundee at the slightest mistake, our fans are not half loyal when it comes to bang average players leaving.

Seeing on TDB you aren’t allowed to post any hint of a negative opinion of Sweeney😂 so will post it here

Like others I don’t really care he’s left, agree only 1 of the 2 of the pair last season should’ve been retained and i’m happy it’s Ashcroft. Wouldn’t have been too disappointed at Sweeney as a backup tbf, but we should aim for better.

Will always appreciate his effort for us and for being the promotion winning captain, one thing you can say is he always gave his all so that won’t be forgotten and he leaves us with fond memories, all the best son

Sweeny is a solid defender, but does have that one game-changing mistake in him that you're always dreading. 

If he doesn't go back down south, he'll be a decent signing for a Championship side (odds on him ending up at Dunfermline?). 

On 05/06/2023 at 13:44, Lalo said:

Seeing on TDB you aren’t allowed to post any hint of a negative opinion of Sweeney😂 so will post it here

Like others I don’t really care he’s left, agree only 1 of the 2 of the pair last season should’ve been retained and i’m happy it’s Ashcroft. Wouldn’t have been too disappointed at Sweeney as a backup tbf, but we should aim for better.

Will always appreciate his effort for us and for being the promotion winning captain, one thing you can say is he always gave his all so that won’t be forgotten and he leaves us with fond memories, all the best son

The amount of times we lost goals last season at set pieces as a result of 6ft 5 Sweeney being out jumped by the player he was picking up or the player running off him was bordering on ridiculous. 

Didn’t help that Bowyer would have no one front to middle of the 6 yard box. 

Edited by Yenitit

15 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Fare ye well in the top flight Dundee, thank you.

What happened man. Your lot should’ve been 5 or 6 up over the 2 legs up until Brian Graham’s crazy handball. 

On a side note it couldn’t have happened to a better person than Brian Graham.