All things Dundee FC

37 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Tiffoney is one of the most one footed players I've ever seen. Swap Turner for Maxy.

Who was the one footed one trick pony we had on loan from Celtic about 4 years ago?

Winger.

Edited by johnnydun

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

Who was the one footed one trick pony we had on loan from Celtic about 4 years ago?

Winger.

Calvin Miller? 

Only guessing as we got him for the second half of that season and he was dogshit for us as well with a terrible attitude. 

Patrick Noubissie is still the worst loan player we've ever had for my money.

c**t still haunts my dreams playing in midfield with Darren Williams.

Alex Harris, Patrick Noubissie and Sean Mackie all loaned from Hibs.

One way partnership this HiDees business.

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Patrick Noubissie is still the worst loan player we've ever had for my money.

c**t still haunts my dreams playing in midfield with Darren Williams.

Alex Harris, Patrick Noubissie and Sean Mackie all loaned from Hibs.

One way partnership this HiDees business.

And we gave them Martin Boyle in a swap for a ‘shotty’ of Harris. You couldn’t make it up!

Edited by Fifespud

Boyle was rancid at Dens. He needed to go.

Harris come in and we finished top six. 

Boyle wasted three gilt edge chances in the 1-1 draw at Dens when we should have beaten Celtic.

Let's not re-write history because he has went on to have a decent career at Hibs.

1 minute ago, Derry Alli said:

Boyle was rancid at Dens. He needed to go.

Harris come in and we finished top six. 

Boyle wasted three gilt edge chances in the 1-1 draw at Dens when we should have beaten Celtic.

Let's not re-write history because he has went on to have a decent career at Hibs.

Think it’s been slightly better than decent to be fair, he’d just made the step up and deserved time. You could see the raw pace was there. Harris was total pish. I’m not hanging Hartley out but it was a mistake, a big one. 

1 minute ago, Fifespud said:

Think it’s been slightly better than decent to be fair, he’d just made the step up and deserved time. 

We didn't have time. He needed game time and we couldn't afford to give him it, he took a step back and it worked out for him. 

I disagree Harris was total pish. Then again, boys hung McGinn out yet still fawn over Kerr (who has never reached McGinn's level).

I remember Boyle being really frustrating as the talent was there for all to see, but it just felt like he just couldn't score to save his life while with us, so many sclaffed chances. Had a lot of similarities with McMullan I think now looking back, though I'd venture to say McMullan has already hit his peak while Boyle clearly hadn't. I do wonder how different his development might've been had he stayed with us, but moving to Hibs (probably especially because they were in the 2nd tier at the time) was the best move he could've made, and so it has proved.

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'd be straight in for Harry Milne & Scott Tiffoney.

That Fitzpatrick impresses me whenever I've watched him but dunno if he's actually any good.

Surely we've got to get him in, if only to allow his brother to live "his dream" vicariously through Scott :lol:

https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/footballer-sues-club-over-his-dream-deal-nightmare/

8 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

We didn't have time. He needed game time and we couldn't afford to give him it, he took a step back and it worked out for him. 

I disagree Harris was total pish. Then again, boys hung McGinn out yet still fawn over Kerr (who has never reached McGinn's level).

For the record I never hung McGinn or Holt out! 

McGinn was great for us and when he left, the defence became much less formidable.

Holt was infuriating to watch because in the Hartley era it was all out attack all the time and he was the only person who returned the ball back to the keeper. Obviously doing it to retain possession which is important, but when everyone else was surging forward and playing exciting football he was slowing everything down and playing back the way. 

He wasn't a bad player, he was just playing a different game.

I can’t remember any abuse of McGinn while he was at dens except one game against Ross co , think it 4 nil at dens and most of the goals came down Paul’s side , apart from that game he got nothing but praise