All things Dundee FC

If you can’t get one former St Johnstone assistant manager, try and try again. 

He was a huge part in a successful spell with us 12 years ago and I’d imagine in everything McInnes has done since. Obviously no idea if he’ll be any use as a manager or not but I’d say this is a step up from Davidson. This could work, Davidson had complete disaster written all over it 

1 hour ago, Girth said:

I’ll be advising Tommy purely on a free basis so he’ll have all the tools to be successful. 

Thank you. 

The Assistant gig is still available - get a letter in. 

36 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

I’m ok with this. Wouldn’t have been my pick but we’ll see what his 1st few signings are like and also who he resigns. 

Same here, every appointment is a gamble to some extent. Will get my full backing.

Thank you.

In most other businesses you work your way up through experience and showing capability to progress within whatever role you've been performing in.

Docherty has years behind him and should have the knowledge and understanding of the Scottish game to beable to make the step up. I rate McInness highly despite his DAB past and have so since St Johnstone were playing brilliant in the Championship years ago.

In any other business it would be nailed on for 'promotion' with the CV, unless the guy had a disciplinary record akin to  Gowser.

Just watched Docherty's interview on DeeTV and he spoke well. All the very best Tony - the name Tony is popular amongst us Dees at the moment with the Fat One over the roads antics this season before departure. Make this continue, please.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92