All things Dundee FC

Wages wise would he be on the same as was as a player , did we not have to get a mystery buyer paying a percentage of his wage, doubt what he asks for would be much different being top dog

7 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Personally I'm still holding out for Ivano and Dario, with Giovanni Di Stefano finally releasing his funds for investment.

7 hours ago, rhumbaclub said:

Gio just got released from jail last week, it's written in the stars.

Mind seeing him in Perugia, little did i or him know what was to follow!

THE DREAM IS ALIVE!

Just for peace of mind, When Melville due oot? Get him in tae.

8 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Probably has excellent contacts in England, would say that was pretty important.

Being realistic 75% of our squad are going to be Scottish. I’d say having someone that really knows the Scottish game is more important in our current situ. With virtually no players signed. 

10 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Really don't understand why people tout the likes of Kevin Thomson or Charlie Adam as a manager purely on an account of them previously being a half decent football player.

Not particularly fair to compare Thomson with Adam - he at least has had a year as a manager and has his coaching badges.

31 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Not particularly fair to compare Thomson with Adam - he at least has had a year as a manager and has his coaching badges.

Adam has most of his coaching badges and has a year coaching Burnley's youth as well as operating as their youth manager.

I don't see much difference to Kevin Thomson getting a massive budget to beat Forfar to a title tbh.

Edited by Ludo*1

37 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Adam has most of his coaching badges and has a year coaching Burnley's youth as well as operating as their youth manager.

I don't see much difference to Kevin Thomson getting a massive budget to beat Forfar to a title tbh.

Managing and coaching are 2 different things.

In any case, I'm not saying that Thomson should be considered - I just think he is more qualified than Adam - it doesn't mean I think he's qualified to take the Dundee job.

22 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Managing and coaching are 2 different things.

In any case, I'm not saying that Thomson should be considered - I just think he is more qualified than Adam - it doesn't mean I think he's qualified to take the Dundee job.

Aye, and Thomson's experience counted for nothing considering the advantages he was given.

Don't see the issue of labelling them the same. Neither are anywhere near qualified enough.