All things Dundee FC

9 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Yeah, don't disagree. 

We were in a bind but I refuse to believe we wouldn't still be about without them. 

I still have an enormous amount of goodwill for Keyes just frustrated at Nelms mismanagement of his money when we could be so much better off.

3rd time in administration and we’d be gone. We were 100% heading that way. £800k losses in 1 season with no financial backer. 

It’s funny how we all see it differently. 
Imrie is the sort of niggling cunto who could force players into going the extra yard, has had a decent season at the morons, maybe a year too early. 
The Fat Grass - sensational record at Sainties. He may or may not have lost the fire, that’s the gamble. 
Owen Coyle - years of experience, some failures, some amazing successes, way more impressive than Bowyer. Has had a good season with the Glasgow Gretna. 
And some folk think Rab Douglas is a better option?

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Opened up Twitter and came across this, this morning:

Demoralising doesn't cover it!

Screenshot_20230512_092255_Chrome.jpg

Hope you've fired that up on the Morten thread.😎

Would rather have Imrie than Davidson, like or loath the little shit, has done a good job there with a load of dross and a shoestring budget.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Yenitit said:

How are you coming to those conclusions about Strachan Johnny? 

How’s he outdated and what’s the issue with him? People I know at the club think he’s quite the opposite.

As far as I’m led to believe Strachan was Bowyers source of contact as he wouldn’t deal with Nelms. 

Bowyer’s statement played to the crowd. He said all the quotes you want to hear. Great club, loved the fans, fans backing was incredible, didn’t want to leave, board are bad.

If he wanted us to push the boat out too far on finances then that’s no good to me. Been there, done that.

People saying Strachan is outdated yet the current SPFL Champions recently used him in a consultancy role to look at the  "football academy, women's team and newly established B-team" 

Sure he spent the two years before he joined us touring the top clubs in Europe observing there youth set ups etc.

But yeah he's not good enough for us!

28 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

It’s funny how we all see it differently. 
Imrie is the sort of niggling cunto who could force players into going the extra yard, has had a decent season at the morons, maybe a year too early. 
The Fat Grass - sensational record at Sainties. He may or may not have lost the fire, that’s the gamble. 
Owen Coyle - years of experience, some failures, some amazing successes, way more impressive than Bowyer. Has had a good season with the Glasgow Gretna. 
And some folk think Rab Douglas is a better option?

Who is saying Rab would be a good option? That'd be another shocker IMO. Thankfully, don't think he'd want it anyways.

My want list although extremely unrealistic:

1. Morten Wieghorst

2. David Martindale

3. Danny Cowley 

4. Jocky - f**k it, if we are gonna be mental just go baws oot.

5. Paul Hartley

6. Robbie Neilson

7. Fans just vote online.

Keep seeing people saying Dougie Imrie had a good season with Morton online. After taking over in December 21, and a win rate of 38%, is not even finishing in the play-offs considered a great season? Fell out with Morton's best player in Lewis Strapp as well. I just don't really see it tbh even taking away from his wee man syndrome.

16 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

My want list although extremely unrealistic:

1. Morten Wieghorst

2. David Martindale

3. Danny Cowley 

4. Jocky - f**k it, if we are gonna be mental just go baws oot.

5. Paul Hartley

6. Robbie Neilson

7. Fans just vote online.

Keep seeing people saying Dougie Imrie had a good season with Morton online. After taking over in December 21, and a win rate of 38%, is not even finishing in the play-offs considered a great season? Fell out with Morton's best player in Lewis Strapp as well. I just don't really see it tbh even taking away from his wee man syndrome.

Imrie’s had a better season than Hartley @Ludo*1!

Other than Wieghorst (and Jocky but I think even you are joking), that’s not a bad list. 

9 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Imrie’s had a better season than Hartley @Ludo*1!

Other than Wieghorst (and Jocky but I think even you are joking), that’s not a bad list. 

Hartley is there on the merits of his career to date - last season was absolutely horrific. Only really being serious with the first 3 if honest!

Hartley left us after seven defeats in a row and playing some of the worst football ive seen (that peroid not his whole tenure) after struggling to rebuild after losing the likes of Hemmings and Stewart.

So people are trusting Hartley to come and do a complete rebuild despite failing miserably in his last attempt at Dundee whilst backed to the hilt.

Hartley in his most recent posts was sacked by Hartlepool after failing in rebuilding a squad for the league above (hardly won a game after signing 16 players last summer) and done worse than McIntyre did at Cove leading to relegation.

If people don't want Davidson, why would people be happy with Hartley?

That's Dundee fans for you.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

As for Davidson he wouldn't be my first choice. But I'm not in the boardroom with the list of names available.

Saints were never heading for relegation this season, they wanted change nonetheless after struggling again for the second year. Fair enough. A pub team getting too big for their own boots after winning the double and losing all their best players maybe.

Even this season he's picked up wins against Rangers, Hibs away and at Tannadice. We simply don't win against them teams in recent years. When was our last win at Tannadice or Easter Road?

If he's announced today as some are saying then I'll accept the appointment and wait until I see how the squads looking a few months into the season before giving my thoughts. Davidson definitely isn't the car crash that many are making out but uninspiring I can agree with.

We would still be in a far better managerial position than 2 years ago when everyone was 'giving McPake a chance' as he re-signed every player from the terrible side who won the playoffs.

Thank you.

I can't help but wonder what Strachan has over Nelms. He should have sacked on the spot for even suggesting his old pal McGhee yet somehow now he is still keeping his job whilst the promotion winning manager walks? He was always too stubborn a person to be a Director.

Edited by gannonball

43 minutes ago, Peadar BigDinnerO'Driscoll said:

Tyler looks worried 😅 Gonna have to take em all on on his own.

Screenshot 2023-05-12 at 13-44-50 Facebook.png

In the uncropped photo I saw it looks like he’s leaning on a walking stick. Likely our only player just now too :lol:

1 hour ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Hartley left us after seven defeats in a row and playing some of the worst football ive seen (that peroid not his whole tenure) after struggling to rebuild after losing the likes of Hemmings and Stewart.

So people are trusting Hartley to come and do a complete rebuild despite failing miserably in his last attempt at Dundee whilst backed to the hilt.

Hartley in his most recent posts was sacked by Hartlepool after failing in rebuilding a squad for the league above (hardly won a game after signing 16 players last summer) and done worse than McIntyre did at Cove leading to relegation.

If people don't want Davidson, why would people be happy with Hartley?

That's Dundee fans for you.

Thank you.

Hartley would be a mistake IMO but I'd rather him than Davidson. I've bumped into him a couple of times, he's a football guy, no mistake, but he is a bit vacant.

I thought Sainties were fucking mad appointing him, he did win 2 cups but it was entirely with the Fat Grass's team and the FG had already won the cup too.

1 hour ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

As for Davidson he wouldn't be my first choice. But I'm not in the boardroom with the list of names available.

Saints were never heading for relegation this season, they wanted change nonetheless after struggling again for the second year. Fair enough. A pub team getting too big for their own boots after winning the double and losing all their best players maybe.

Even this season he's picked up wins against Rangers, Hibs away and at Tannadice. We simply don't win against them teams in recent years. When was our last win at Tannadice or Easter Road?

If he's announced today as some are saying then I'll accept the appointment and wait until I see how the squads looking a few months into the season before giving my thoughts. Davidson definitely isn't the car crash that many are making out but uninspiring I can agree with.

We would still be in a far better managerial position than 2 years ago when everyone was 'giving McPake a chance' as he re-signed every player from the terrible side who won the playoffs.

Thank you.

I was horrified when they appointed Jazzer, pretty much maintained that position throughout his tenure although I may have weekened slightly after the play off wins.

If I'm being totally honest I understood why they appointed McIntyre, and McGhee might have been understandable too had it not been for the 10 match touchline ban, although that might be more of a bad look for fans than significant in reality.