All things Dundee FC

10 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Watch out... where the fucks SpiderHair gone? :(

Spider Hair, Spider Hair,

They seek him here, they seek him there...

Look out for Mr Spider Hair.

Thank you.

Adds context to this Tweet with the word 'everyone' in all capitals from Legzdins if he found out prior to this but may be reading too much into it:

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Just read the Courier report into what went down today and it's fucking disgraceful IMO.

Shit. I've just messaged somebody on here what I've been told and it's all tying in.

It's Davidson, boys. :lol:

EDIT : Or Malky, actually.

Jimmy Neutron What GIF

Edited by Derry Alli

13 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Shit. I've just messaged somebody on here what I've been told and it's all tying in.

EDIT : Or Malky, actually.

Jimmy Neutron What GIF

DMs are open bro.

18 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Of course it is. Hes probably been in Strachans ear for weeks 

Long-running rumours about the state of Bowyer’s relationship with John Nelms, the Dundee managing director, appear to have been confirmed by the development five days after Dundee sealed the title and just three days after Lord Provost swung open the doors of the City Chambers to hold a civic reception in the team’s honour. It’s said they’ve barely spoken in months.

Bowyer lifted the trophy aloft from the balcony overlooking the City Square on Sunday and saluted the supporters below. By Wednesday, just minutes before a scheduled meeting with the players at the club’s new training base at the Gardyne Campus in Broughty Ferry, he was being informed his services were no longer required.

Although the 51-year-old’s family have remained in England and it never seemed as if he was truly settled, it is to all intents and purposes a sacking. Bowyer, who was on a 12-month rolling contract, was ready to stay on for a tilt at Premiership survival but, as he suggested minutes after guiding the team to the title, he wanted backed to the extent Dundee would not be certainties to come straight back down.

Bowyer has left clubs at unusual times before. After one game of the 2018/19 league season – a goalless away draw at Wycombe Wanderers – while manager of Blackpool, for example.

But just one hour after being crowned Glen’s Vodka Championship manager of the year is a new one. That was how it played out earlier today. At around 10am came news from the SPFL Twitter account that Bowyer was manager of the year in the Championship, which was re-tweeted by the Dundee FC account.

An hour later the Dens Park club had their own breaking news to impart: Bowyer was gone! He had looked happy enough posing for pictures with the manager of the year trophy the previous day while wearing in his Dundee FC branded tracksuit.

Something Nelms had said after the final whistle on Friday at Ochilview came back into focus: “There is no rust in this game”. There’s barely been time to give the Championship trophy its first polish before the guessing game about Bowyer’s successor begins.

Contrary to what was being suggested on social media, Dundee technical director Gordon Strachan was in Broughty Ferry earlier today rather than playing golf with Callum Davidson at Gleneagles – he spoke to the players after Bowyer’s departure.

But Davidson is high up on the list of candidates to replace Bowyer and was brought into the Scotland set-up during Strachan’s time as manager. The former St Johnstone manager was described as a “good friend” by Strachan in a newspaper column in 2021.

Dundee have confirmed that both Nelms and Strachan “will undertake a recruitment process” to appoint a new manager to lead the side in the Premiership. “We will update our supporters as soon as this process concludes,” the statement added.

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

Those p***ks better not f**k things up now.

They have previously demonstrated an uncanny ability to take a situation that seemed as bad as it could possibly be and make it worse. 

Bowyer's appointment about the only exception to that. 

18 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Jack Ross left St Mirren for Sunderland immediately after a tremendous championship winning promotion campaign in 2018. 

We unfortunately ended up with that cnut Stubbs. 

Hope you make a decent appointment.

I don't - Europe's gone after Saturday's defeat, so 23/24 begins now and I genuinely can't think of anyone I would prefer Dundee to choose than "that cunt Stubbs".

Edited by btb

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Just read the Courier report into what went down today and it's fucking disgraceful IMO.

It’s understood technical director Gordon Strachan also spoke to the group and told out-of-contract players to make it known over the next few days if they wanted to stay for next season.

That part seems so weird. Like, have they not had any of those discussions before now?

Don't get me wrong, the whole thing sounds an absolute shitshow but that honestly has the vibe of telling them to put their names in the group chat if they're in for 5s next week.

Edited by capt_oats

1 minute ago, capt_oats said:

That part seems so weird. Like, have they not had any of those discussions before now?

Honestly has the vibe of telling them to put their names in the group chat for 5s next week.

Genuinely wouldn't be surprised if this is true