All things Dundee FC

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Bowyer mentioned?

Nothing. Just that there's a lot of work to be done and to only expect about five of the OOC players to remain.

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

even Sheridan!

conan25 dudez-a-plenti GIF by Team Coco

Five sounds about right to me (not including Cameron and Mulligan who have been offered deals earlier).

Ashcroft (as back up)

Legzdins (3rd choice and for what he does around the club)

McGhee (Back up utility player)

McCowan 

Jakubiak 

Not including any of the loan players who would take longer to sort contracts. Positive if true that we may finally beable to move forward as a club. We've had a real losers mentality for years hanging onto the likes of Kerr and McGowan.

Thank you.

41 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

conan25 dudez-a-plenti GIF by Team Coco

😉

35 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Five sounds about right to me (not including Cameron and Mulligan who have been offered deals earlier).

Ashcroft (as back up)

McCowan 

Jakubiak

Sounds about right to me, maybe McMullan?

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

50 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Ashcroft (as back up)

McCowan 

Jakubiak 

Not including any of the loan players who would take longer to sort contracts. Positive if true that we may finally beable to move forward as a club. We've had a real losers mentality for years hanging onto the likes of Kerr and McGowan.

Thank you.

Hopefully McCowan can improve on his 1 in 5 ratio of good games to pish. 

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Byrne, Rudden & French are the only 3 signed up for next season.

Charlie Reilly on pre-contract?? 

If 5 senior players "only" being offered renewals then I recon Kerr, Sweeney, McMullen, McCowan & Jak. Legzdins could be coach / cover so probably not in the "real" 5. Hopefully Mulligan, Cameron & Sharp still at Dens and sign 9. If Rudden and French could be moved on that would be grand / add another 1 signing. 

11 minutes ago, DieDee said:

If 5 senior players "only" being offered renewals then I recon Kerr, Sweeney, McMullen, McCowan & Jak. Legzdins could be coach / cover so probably not in the "real" 5. Hopefully Mulligan, Cameron & Sharp still at Dens and sign 9. If Rudden and French could be moved on that would be grand / add another 1 signing. 

Dangerous words!

Poor Reilly must be thinking wtf.

13 minutes ago, DieDee said:

French has been really good. He’d be my right back going forward. I’d keep Ashcroft as back up and bin the rest from defence and keep 1 of the goalkeepers. 

11 hours ago, Louis Litt said:

Why are we offering contracts to certain players if the manager's position isn't sorted out? Presuming Bowyer stays that's his decision, or whoever gets the gig if he leaves.

9 hours ago, Juantwothree said:

Because Bowyer isn't leaving 

It could be he isn't leaving, or just that we need to get offers out to those we really want to keep hold of and don't want to risk losing them while we recruit a new boss which could take a while.

Or, they have someone in mind.

Or, Strachan has had a say in things.

Or...

Edited by hk blues

9 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Are we still interested in Morrison(Falkirk)I wonder or was that just pick a name out the hat journalism?

They love this sort of thing. Absolute speculation and no one can say they are talking shite.

Bowyer in the Courier today pictured with his award for Championship Manager of the Season. He met yesterday with Strachan to discuss plans for next season and the players are having their chats today. Think we are going with business as usual unless Blackpool swoop which is positive.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Bowyer in the Courier today pictured with his award for Championship Manager of the Season. He met yesterday with Strachan to discuss plans for next season and the players are having their chats today. Think we are going with business as usual unless Blackpool swoop which is positive.

I didn’t read it that way. It just says ‘talks with technical director to set out plans for next year took place yesterday’ - it doesn’t say GB was there. It might have been Nelms and WGS, or maybe Keyes too. 

I think there’s a fair chance GB is back home in England having a few days off. 

Just now, Fifespud said:

I didn’t read it that way. It just says ‘talks with technical director to set out plans for next year took place yesterday’ - it doesn’t say GB was there. It might have been Nelms and WGS, or maybe Keyes too. 

I think there’s a fair chance GB is back home in England having a few days off. 

He's definitely there as he's pictured outside Gardyne with the Manager of the Year award in a Dundee kit.