All things Dundee FC

On 25/03/2023 at 10:39, Girth said:

Any more news on the Pennsylvanian Pirlo? 

Nothing in regard to Dundee announcing anything, but a couple of players follow him on Instagram now. Just having a look there, and while I named him as a midfielder and that seems to be where he played at college level and in his one game for Real Salt Lake, he seems to have played as a full back and sometimes wide midfielder/winger for the majority of his time with Real Monarchs last year, so maybe the signing makes a bit more sense if he can cover a variety of positions short-term, particularly with our consistent full back problems just now (especially RB).

Still will be surprised if he gets much if any proper gametime if we sign him, but slightly more plausible after seeing most of his senior playing time has been at full back.

16 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Nothing in regard to Dundee announcing anything, but a couple of players follow him on Instagram now. Just having a look there, and while I named him as a midfielder and that seems to be where he played at college level and in his one game for Real Salt Lake, he seems to have played as a full back and sometimes wide midfielder/winger for the majority of his time with Real Monarchs last year, so maybe the signing makes a bit more sense if he can cover a variety of positions short-term, particularly with our consistent full back problems just now (especially RB).

Still will be surprised if he gets much if any proper gametime if we sign him, but slightly more plausible after seeing most of his senior playing time has been at full back.

A shrude short term signing? Doesn't sound very Dundee like. Bowyer might give him a chance, comes down to how he performs in training. 

I know nothing about the American scene so don't really know what level they play at. Do you?

18 hours ago, Crawford said:

A shrude short term signing? Doesn't sound very Dundee like. Bowyer might give him a chance, comes down to how he performs in training. 

I know nothing about the American scene so don't really know what level they play at. Do you?

Real Monarchs play in the MLS Next Pro division. It's a division comprised of MLS clubs 2nd teams. It's the 3rd highest division in the US Football pyramid. It's basically a brand new set up in 2022 for the league system.  

Somebody on dark blues saying that they are opening up the shankly to Dundee fans for the match on Saturday and prices are £15/ £10 and £5.. don't know if it was the same person but someone also said these will be the prices for the rest of our home matches this season. Excellent by the club and hopefully we get a good support at the matches starting this Saturday.

1 hour ago, wearedarkblue87 said:

Somebody on dark blues saying that they are opening up the shankly to Dundee fans for the match on Saturday and prices are £15/ £10 and £5.. don't know if it was the same person but someone also said these will be the prices for the rest of our home matches this season. Excellent by the club and hopefully we get a good support at the matches starting this Saturday.

Dunno about the different stands being open I like a seat in the shankly for a wee change but the reduced prices are confirmed from what I hear. 15 quid. About time really. 

Aye, £15 for an adult ticket on Saturday, and the Shankly will be open to Dundee fans.

Also decreasing the price of next season's season tickets by £15 until the 7th of April, putting their price at £365 until then.

https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/reduced-prices-for-hamilton-game/

3 hours ago, Big Gus said:

Bit of a pisser for season ticket holders but hopefully mean more fans like me through the gates. 

I think most season ticket holders will be fine with this , I’ve had a season ticket for years and it often happens near the end of the season , I buy my ticket to get my same seat every game not to save money