All things Dundee FC

2 hours ago, Pens_Dark said:

For the people desperate to dislike Robinson, I know there is few, last night was a showing of why he is so important to what we try to do. If you play him up front as a two his hold up play is tremendous and something that statistics won't reflect truly his performance. Play him up front on his own and he is totally under-utilised. 

Like a lot of posters on here, for a long time I’ve been calling for two strikers (not just two attack minded players).  

Jakubiak and Robinson are our two best strikers.  The second goal in particular showed they can easily develop a good partnership.

Thought we played well last night, who would have thought playing Jakubiak up front with Robinson would pay dividends?

Everyone but Bowyer it would appear.

Cameron struggled a bit, really good on the ball but was bullied a few times in a central midfield of 2.

I would like to see Kerr in at right back, and move Mulligan to where Cameron was playing, just behind the front 2, for the remainder of the season

Perhaps 2 up showed why he plays 1 in the sense it leaves us a bit open with a defensive unit that has never been great and at times awful.  Still, if other teams feel threatened by that pairing and they have to change their game to compensate then let's go that way.

Edited by rainbowrising

5 hours ago, Fifespud said:

There's got to be a possibility the QP players arseholes start to twitch as winning the league becomes an increasingly likely prospect.

Here's hoping.

Those 4 away games they have are not easy - with 2 of them in their next 4 games.  By comparison we have 3 home games with our only away game being away at Arbroath.

We need Dens fucking jumping for those 3 games and as many at Arbroath as possible.

The two up front will need to stay, you'd need to be a moron to change it. Defence is a different matter, as a lot have said before, the 3-5-2 is probably the answer.

Thank you.

eta Let's attack these absolute fucking donkeys in the remaining games.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

Shout out to the guy behind me last night who was fucking seething after we scored our third goal and after the celebrations screamed  “EH’VE BEEN TELLIN YE TWO UP TAP FIR WEEKS BOWER* YA FUCKIN CLOWN!!!”

*name was incorrect. 

2 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

The two up front will need to stay, you'd need to be a moron to change it. Defence is a different matter, as a lot have said before, the 3-5-2 is probably the answer.

Thank you.

eta Let's attack these absolute fucking donkeys in the remaining games.

3-5-2 definitely the answer for me. I get the impression that Bowyer will revert back to 1 up front in games such as Arbroath and Inverness away though. 

49 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

3-5-2 definitely the answer for me. I get the impression that Bowyer will revert back to 1 up front in games such as Arbroath and Inverness away though. 

Bowyer said in the post-match interview that it was always the plan to play two up top against Ayr, and that against Partick we stuck with 3 in the middle to not get overrun in midfield as we had against them at Dens. In games where we feel that worry through the middle I reckon we'll be back to one up front, otherwise the front pairing will be the way to go.

8 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Bowyer said in the post-match interview that it was always the plan to play two up top against Ayr, and that against Partick we stuck with 3 in the middle to not get overrun in midfield as we had against them at Dens. In games where we feel that worry through the middle I reckon we'll be back to one up front, otherwise the front pairing will be the way to go.

Thing is, it means we are adjusting our game to compensate (for Partick fkn Thistle) whilst we should be forcing them to adjust theirs! Results recently have had us treading water with those tactics.

War Running GIF by CuriosityStream

7 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

Thing is, it means we are adjusting our game to compensate (for Partick fkn Thistle) whilst we should be forcing them to adjust theirs! Results recently have had us treading water with those tactics.

War Running GIF by CuriosityStream

We've given some teams far too much respect this season - too feart to lose instead of going for it.

QP are top because they've generally been fearless in their play - yes their record against Dundee, Ayr and Morton has been poor but has been compensated by them beating the poorer teams in the league.  We've struggled against both Thistle and Morton but also not been attacking enough against the weaker teams.

If we fail to win the league it won't be the results against Thistle and Morton that are to blame but losing to Arbroath and Cove.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

Not 352 for me. 352 effectively becomes a 532 when teams attack us, leaving not enough strength in midfield. v Ayr, in terms of game-plan and execution, it was excellent. Kerr in at RB would help for the run in, Mulligan was fine as cover but ain't no RB. I, like other, think Mulligan is best through the middle. We need a midfield play-maker though and Mulligan isn't that. A fine performance from Cameron but up against the more physical teams Williamson is better. I'd also like to see Williamson with the Zak Jak combo in front, think that would help his game immensely. McGhee was fine but if in midfield has to be a holding midfielder (can fight it out with Byrne and McGuire for that role). Main gripe was Hannant, started well enough but became a bottle merchant. For the two winger positions first 3 options surely have to be from McCowan, McMullen and Mulligan.   

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

We've given some teams far too much respect this season - too feart to lose instead of going for it.

QP are top because they've generally been fearless in their play - yes their record against Dundee, Ayr and Morton has been poor but has been compensated by them beating the poorer teams in the league.  We've struggled against both Thistle and Morton but also not been attacking enough against the weaker teams.

If we fail to win the league it won't be the results against Thistle and Morton that are to blame but losing to Arbroath and Cove.

I totally agree with this. QP have a manager that is letting his young team play without fear; you are right their record against us hasn't been great and hopefully that will reflect in the league positions come the end of the season but playing without that fear, the same system and probably the same 11 (mostly, I don't really know if they have chopped and changed much?) has brought that level of consistency that see's them 4 points ahead currently. 

On another note, I noticed yesterday that us and QP only play 3 games (one against each other) on the same day from now until the end of the season. What a pain in the arse that is for trying to gain psychological momentum. Before we kick a ball again we could be 7 points behind. 

Apparently we are about to bring in some American chap named Pierre Reedy after a trial. He recently left Real Monarchs, the reserve team of MLS's Real Salt Lake.

25 years old and a midfielder. If he makes a big impact I'll be amazed tbh. No doubt a strange one, very much Chapman vibes.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/pierre-reedy-set-dundee-deal-29545443.amp

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

12 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

25 years old and a midfielder. If he makes a big impact I'll be amazed tbh. No doubt a strange one, very much Chapman vibes.

12 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Pierre Reedy about to sign from the MLS until the end of the season. Been on trial.

This seasons Chapman IMO.

That settles that then.