All things Dundee FC

2 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

Great win.

7 games, 7 wins and we win the title I reckon. Huge ask for this squad but the one game before we play QP that really looks tough is away to ICT.  The rest are doable.....if we play 2 up front. 

Can't see that happening, however gaining 2 points on Queens before the final game is.

55 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Peterhead have punted David Robertson. Was there not someone on here wanting him to get the Dundee job?

Seems a bit harsh considering the mess they started the season in under McInally. Always a difficult one to turn round.

@Fifespud

14 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Can't see that happening, however gaining 2 points on Queens before the final game is.

We  actually have a very nice run of games.  Shame we have to wait until a week on Saturday.

1 April vs Hamilton (HOME)

8 April vs Arbroath (AWAY)

11 April vs Raith (HOME)

15 April vs Morton (HOME)

22 April vs Inverness (AWAY)

28 April vs Cove (HOME)

5 May vs QP (AWAY)

Toughest are probably the away game to Inverness and the home game against Morton.  It might depend if the playoff places are decided by the Inverness game how they play.

One game at a time though - must beat Hamilton next.

QP corresponding games are:

24 March vs Arbroath (HOME)

1 April vs Raith (AWAY)

7 April vs Partick (AWAY)

15 April vs Hamilton (HOME)

21 April vs Ayr (AWAY)

29 April vs Morton (AWAY)

5 May vs Dundee (HOME)

Don't want to get too far ahead of ourselves but could do with Raith taking something off them on 1 April (can't see Arbroath doing much) to put a wee bit pressure on.

Still all to play for.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

3 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

We  actually have a very nice run of games.  Shame we have to wait until a week on Saturday.

11 April vs Raith (HOME)

28 April vs Cove (HOME)

5 May vs QP (AWAY)

Toughest are probably the away game to Inverness and the home game against Morton.  It might depend if the playoff places are decided by the Inverness game how they play.

1 April vs Raith (AWAY)

21 April vs Ayr (AWAY)

5 May vs Dundee (HOME)

Don't want to get too far ahead of ourselves but could do with Raith taking something off them on 1 April (can't see Arbroath doing much) to put a wee bit pressure on.

Still all to play for.

Yeah, I can potentially see us dropping 4 (ICT & Morten) and them dropping 7 (Partick, Ayr & Morten), which would put us in a good spot for the final day.

Fingers crossed ICT are focused on the Scottish Cup.

33 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

It ‘‘twas me. For the lol’s, and signing guys from the Punjab. 

Feeling marvellous tonight. How often did our strikers retain the ball from a long pass and then lay it off. When McCowan plays well he’s a joy although strange we kept the wingers on their ‘wrong’ side all night. It was clear the players knew this was a MUST win. 

5 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

That’s Bowyer’s 2nd biggest fault IMO.  The constant, very often unnecessary, changing of the team, does not help anyone.  At first I thought it was because he was trying to find his best starting 11 but given we are in March if that is still the case he really isn’t the manager to take us forward.  I‘m more inclined to think he is overthinking things. 

His biggest fault is still believing McGhee is a midfielder! 

Even McGhee was good tonight. Actually really good imo. 

5 minutes ago, The Derry said:

Always find it funny how different everyone sees a game.  

That first half was astonishingly grim.   Second half much better.

Could easily have been 2 or 3 ahead but for some very good goalkeeping.

Biggest issue for us was down our flanks - epecially our right - we seemed to close down those spaces in the second half.

Still think our best method of defence is attack though.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

7 minutes ago, The Derry said:

Always find it funny how different everyone sees a game.  

That first half was astonishingly grim.   Second half much better.

I thought overall we were pretty good tonight. First half we attacked very well but very shaky in defence - but for a few worldie saves from their keeper we could have been 2 or 3 ahead at half time.

16 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Even McGhee was good tonight. Actually really good imo. 

Totally agree.  So, to recap, I got it totally wrong saying Sweeney shouldn’t bother going up for our corners and I got it wrong about McGhee in midfield.  Despite this I’m still certain playing two up front makes it far more likely we will win games.

14 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

I thought overall we were pretty good tonight. First half we attacked very well but very shaky in defence - but for a few worldie saves from their keeper we could have been 2 or 3 ahead at half time.

Totally agree. We created more chances tonight than we have in the last 5 games. We did cough up a few opportunities for them but Akinyemi is real handful. 

14 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

11 April vs Raith (HOME)

28 April vs Cove (HOME)

5 May vs QP (AWAY)

1 April vs Raith (AWAY)

21 April vs Ayr (AWAY)

5 May vs Dundee (HOME)

Still all to play for.

There's got to be a possibility the QP players arseholes start to twitch as winning the league becomes an increasingly likely prospect.

Here's hoping.

For the people desperate to dislike Robinson, I know there is few, last night was a showing of why he is so important to what we try to do. If you play him up front as a two his hold up play is tremendous and something that statistics won't reflect truly his performance. Play him up front on his own and he is totally under-utilised.