All things Dundee FC

31 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Cameron was utter shite today and the decision to play him the whole game was a scandal. IMO Camerons been stifling us for weeks - totally sick of him starting every game. Dont care if he scored last week he was awful then aswell. Jakubiak should be on instead of him.

McMullen hooked (wasn't great) instead of Hannant who was abject was another disgrace.

We were winning games when McGhee was playing in a back 3, now we have McGhee playing behind the strikers as Williamson holds. Getting Williamson on the ball deep could be effective for starting passing moves but he's never a holding midfielder in a month of Sundays.

Shite, Bowyer. Get it fucking sorted.

League isn't over by any means but we need the win on Tuesday. Get Robinson and Jakubiak starting together and stop being so fucking negative - its not working.

Thank you.

I actually thought Cameron was one of our brighter lights today. 
I agree that Hannan was shite, as was Williamson. He alternates between lukewarm and pish. 
McGhee is a waste of skin in central midfield. 

Thank you @Ludo*1 for your informed Alan Kernaghan era reply. Back in 2005, not renewing my season ticket at that time I honestly thought I would pick and choose my games, work permitting that was. The reality being and casting my mind back, I attended I think 4 games that season, ffs. Very poor fare on display.

This current season, if I'm really being perfectly honest and it does pain me. Not sure I'd open the lounge blinds and submit Mrs TCM to Dundee FC, Paul McMullan and co playing outside our house, jeezi-peeps. This is without doubt, 'a shite state of affairs', to quote Renton from 'Trainspotting'.

I, much like our current club owner Tim Keyes', am not sure of the way ahead I'm afraid. However to empty the inept John Nelms and the leech that is Gordon Strachan, that'd certainly be a positive constructive start, imho.

Hopefully any comment from Tim Keyes regarding our club within the next 12 months would be most welcome.

If not, name your price, sell to a party who may genuinely be interested and off you pop my good man. Show some decorum and class Mr Keyes if the Dundee Crematorium project is not going to happen.

Plans to build a new stadium with 3 players under contract, holy shit, waken up everyone.

Thank you.

Today was a total mess and Bowyer cut the figure of a manager that had no idea how to change it. Swapping Jakubiak (who was bright when he came on) for Robinson rather than link the two when we were desperate for a goal? Keeping Hannant on the pitch? He's fucking bogging btw. 

As far as I'm concerned that is the league done for us. Even with this game in hand which I'm convinced we will lose anyway. A season of 'if we do this' and 'if we beat them' and 'if we win this game in hand'. We are downright uninspiring and we have a squad that is simply not up for the fight. Queens Park will drop points between now and the end of the season - I just don't have any faith in us to capitalise on that.

As other people have suggested, our January transfer window has stifled us and made us worse. Laughable that this is the case. 

Edited by Pens_Dark

49 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I actually thought Cameron was one of our brighter lights today. 
I agree that Hannan was shite, as was Williamson. He alternates between lukewarm and pish. 
McGhee is a waste of skin in central midfield. 

Nah, Cameron has been utterly dreadful for us of late. 

He always looks busy so can see why people would like his 'type' but he gave the ball away time after time today and Partick were far too physical for him. He has good technical ability but his total lack of pace seen him losing the ball in good counter attacking situations.

He's young and i can see the bit of talent he has , that's not in doubt. There's absolutely no way he's ready to play week in week out in a championship winning side though - not a chance. 

If you look at players like McGhee, Cameron and Marshall then it begins to take the disappointment from the performance today as you realise we simply don't have the players to win game like today. I never had any belief we'd go there and win today and that's how it turned out. 

On Tuesday we may well hand the league to Coyle. If we win we have more than a good chance however. Who can we rely on to turn up on Tuesday and win the game for us when needed. Answers on a postcard please. The writing is on the wall as the likes of Marshall, McGhee, Ashcroft, Legzdins and McMullen treat us to more catastrophic failure. 

Yet people still want immediate contraacts? Bin the lot of them please. 

Thank you. 

1 minute ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Nah, Cameron has been utterly dreadful for us of late. 

He always looks busy so can see why people would like his 'type' but he gave the ball away time after time today and Partick were far too physical for him. He has good technical ability but his total lack of pace seen him losing the ball in good counter attacking situations.

He's young and i can see the bit of talent he has , that's not in doubt. There's absolutely no way he's ready to play week in week out in a championship winning side though - not a chance. 

If you look at players like McGhee, Cameron and Marshall then it begins to take the disappointment from the performance today as you realise we simply don't have the players to win game like today. I never had any belief we'd go there and win today and that's how it turned out. 

On Tuesday we may well hand the league to Coyle. If we win we have more than a good chance however. Who can we rely on to turn up on Tuesday and win the game for us when needed. Answers on a postcard please. The writing is on the wall as the likes of Marshall, McGhee, Ashcroft, Legzdins and McMullen treat us to more catastrophic failure. 

Yet people still want immediate contraacts? Bin the lot of them please. 

Thank you. 

He is too lightweight when we face the better teams in this division - it doesn't help though that there are other more experienced players round him taking zero responsibility.

Hannant especially looks like he's totally uninterested. Jogs, like literally jogs, into his defensive positions, makes no attempt whatsoever to run into positions off the ball when we have it, always seems to concentrate on being 5 yards away from the nearest opponent whether or not we have the ball so that he can either take it without having to make any effort, or if the ball goes to that opponent he can jog up to them and make a pretence of closing it down.

There was one point today where we had a corner not long before half time. He was closest to the ball when it went out, but as McMullan (i think) came over to take it, Hannant turned his back on the ball, walked away, literally walked at snail's pace, slumped over as if he was completely and utterly knackered, and made himself totally unavailable to take the ball despite there being no Partick player anywhere close. 

He's one of the laziest, most half-arsed players I've ever seen, and I have no idea what the slumping over was about because he never once broke sweat in the entire match.

11 minutes ago, K.T said:

I think the contract situation is the main problem tbh. Players looked like they were already on their holidays today, not chasing a title.

That's an easy get out. There's big bonuses on the table for promotion and i doubt any of our players are that financially well off they couldn't give a shite about that alone. 

They'll also have clubs watching them if they were to move on. Any player worth his salt would be wanting to secure the best move possible. 

Lastly, professional pride should play a part in any game. I didn't see any players give up today to be fair and even though the likes of Robinson and McMullen had  shockers they were gutted to be hauled off. 

Alot of these players are rotten and have stank out Dens for far too long. January was always the key to us winning the league as i said all along. Unfortunately, Tolaj, Clampin, Hannant, Maguire and Kwame have improved us 0%.

I won't completely write them off yet, we still have time, but the clock is ticking.

Thank you. 

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Think it's telling that he's not offered a single player a new deal.

I thought the young players had all been offered new deals?

Though I accept that could be a purely perfunctory exercise  for the purpose of ensuring compo, and enacted by the executive side rather than coaching staff.

Final point is when defending corners and free kicks we leave absolutely no players up the field. 

Just another glimpse into the defensive mind of Bowyer. We have enough attacking players to impose an offensive game plan but are we being hampered by a manager who is more concentrated on clean sheets?

We're giving teams in this league far too much respect. I watched Arbraoth last night and they were fucking appaling. We've got 4/9 against them and had to score in the final few minutes at Dens.

Just fucking go for it on Tuesday Bowyer FFS. I'd at least rather drop point and be entertained than watch insipid defensive pish.

Thank you.

Yup, I'd far rather fail trying to stuff 3-4 goals past folk every week than fall short while grinding out 0-0's and 1-1's.

Everything is just really insipid right now. There's no apparent hunger or urgency about our play whatsoever. When was the last time McMullan took the ball and went on a run with it? Think it must have been prior to Christmas. 

14 hours ago, Fifespud said:

He hasn’t had that much to work with but Robinson has been poor since his return. I also think French is well over rated by our support. 
That was fucking dreadful today. 

The way the return of Robinson was lauded as the boy that was going to get us automatic promotion was embarrassing, maybe put too much pressure on the young lad. To be fair to him Bowyer has been a disgrace the way he has treated him since he came back.

Add Gowser being let go and failure to play Byrne and Bowyer has got me baffled.

14 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Final point is when defending corners and free kicks we leave absolutely no players up the field. 

Just another glimpse into the defensive mind of Bowyer. We have enough attacking players to impose an offensive game plan but are we being hampered by a manager who is more concentrated on clean sheets?

We're giving teams in this league far too much respect. I watched Arbraoth last night and they were fucking appaling. We've got 4/9 against them and had to score in the final few minutes at Dens.

Just fucking go for it on Tuesday Bowyer FFS. I'd at least rather drop point and be entertained than watch insipid defensive pish.

Thank you.

It’s very annoying. And although we have all been down on the players there have a been a good few games when we turn up with the ‘get stuck in’ attitude and the results are generally good, we can even look like a half decent team. Where does that spirit go? The 2 halves of the Thistle game are what I’m talking about. We are slow starters, we need to come out far more aggressively. 

21 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

It’s very annoying. And although we have all been down on the players there have a been a good few games when we turn up with the ‘get stuck in’ attitude and the results are generally good, we can even look like a half decent team. Where does that spirit go? The 2 halves of the Thistle game are what I’m talking about. We are slow starters, we need to come out far more aggressively. 

What worries me is how little fight we have in some games - sometimes they have hearts of mice.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

Let's be honest here - admin twice, players getting heidered from men on the board, signing Cillian Sheridan, losing 6 at one of the worst United sides. This will all be overshadowed, cast aside in the memory to what will be the ultimate in beamers - losing the league to Queens Park.

46 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Let's be honest here - admin twice, players getting heidered from men on the board, signing Cillian Sheridan, losing 6 at one of the worst United sides. This will all be overshadowed, cast aside in the memory to what will be the ultimate in beamers - losing the league to Queens Park.

I’m trying to think where the appointment  of McIntyre ranks in the above……..

15 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

I’m trying to think where the appointment  of McIntyre ranks in the above……..

Right between "signing Cillian Sheridan" and "Cammy Kerr getting ten years at the club employed as a footballer", would be the ballpark I'd be looking at.

The frustrating thing for me is that whilst Bowyer has absolutely inherited a poor side, I still think our squad is the best in the league.  He has persisted with players who aren’t cutting it whilst others can’t seem to get into the side who have produced (Byrne, McCowan, Jakubiak, McGowan, all come to mind. I appreciate those players can be frustrating but they can produce and have shown that. Hannant has shown nothing yet Bowyer persists with him. The team that went on the run December time was our best team, why has he deviated so much from that?

Having said all of that, Bowyer has clearly not been backed and that may be down to McPake’s legacy of signing absolute shite on daft contracts. But I would still expect him to have got more from what he has, particularly given the standard of the league this season. He deserves next season IMO but I can understand why others may not be of that persuasion.

On 19/03/2023 at 14:28, Liam899 said:

Bowyer has clearly not been backed

Grayson, Tolaj, Clampin, Hannant, Maguire, Kwame with Williamson, Robinson and French. Enough there to make a mark. I can't help but thinking, if Bowyer had insisted, that McGowan could have played a part till the end of this season too instead of one of the crap signings mentioned. Bowyer had to be given time to get the best out of what I would regard as a decent squad for this level. Unfortunately the more time passes the worse we seem to be getting. At this stage I am extremely worried that, given his track record, his next signings will not improve the squad one bit.