All things Dundee FC

3125 people buying £320 ST = £1m

2439 people buying £410 ST = £1m

I know those are numbers that are unlikely but hey, wanted to make the point. More bums in seats, better value, better atmosphere and a better reason for people to return.

Broken thinking to put the price up to make more money, all you're doing is bleeding the support. 

They already have the other club membership initiatives for people who have more disposable. 

Again to ask the question, are we normally this early in selling season tickets?

Thinking back about some of our great players at Dens Park when I first started attending as a Dark Blue, may I just say very young fledgling in the mid 70's.

To be honest if I was in John Nelms' current, clearly uneducated/qualified and awkward position of the past 10 years, I would have enlisted as a sounding board and advisor to the club one Jocky Scott every day of the week. Certainly before inviting a certain Gordon Strachan anywhere near the club again.

Mr Strachan has already pissed off to Celtic in an advisory position at the very first phone-call last year, whilst overseeing the pension-pot appointment of his very good friend Mark McGhee, already at that point banned from the dugout for half his games in charge and arguably dragged our club's national exposure to a joke level not seen since Angus Cook's embarrassing tenure.

Appears, as expected we've not a pot to piss in judging by the season ticket begging bowl out by mid March and the ludicrous prices being asked for an as yet, unknown commodity next season.

As a previous, latterly self employed person, I shit you not, in a business sense none of this bodes well, imho.

As usual, merely my opinionated concerned opinion, lol.         :unsure: 

tumblr_4a57a46d69c3b677a0d47d19acde0868_447308cc_500.gif.3035f69dc7a6341eebbe2ebb62f0f756.gif

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

See your "ultra" group is charging people £10 to "become a member" now, which kind of feels like it defeats the point of those groups.

I see you’re getting bold again. 
We’re not remotely interested in your pish. 

7 hours ago, Fifespud said:

I see you’re getting bold again. 
We’re not remotely interested in your pish. 

That is absolutely shite behaviour if true. I've not seen anything about it as yet, but they should be encouraging more youngsters in instead of putting up a barrier.

I get that it would be to raise funds for "stuff" but be fair, stuff is probably embarrassing flag shit and flares. No to both thanks.

45 minutes ago, Crawford said:

That is absolutely shite behaviour if true. I've not seen anything about it as yet, but they should be encouraging more youngsters in instead of putting up a barrier.

I get that it would be to raise funds for "stuff" but be fair, stuff is probably embarrassing flag shit and flares. No to both thanks.

Theyve deleted the tweet at some point overnight, presumably because of the reaction.

Was a £10 charge to be classed as a member with benefits like "discounts on merchandise" included.

2 hours ago, Crawford said:

Totally agree , asking a joining fee is out of order , and it’s true I saw the post on facebook, and they can stick their flags and Flares up their arse and leave that shit to the manky mob across the road 

Don't mind it to be honest and I'm not understanding why other fans of other clubs are obsessing about ours...

Plenty of these groups around europe fund their own displays, merchandise etc etc etc. Do you think the club are going to fund creating an atmosphere? No, they aren't. 

On 06/03/2023 at 10:49, Boo Khaki said:

It's an absolute outrage that it's the Matterhorn on the packaging considering it's a Dundonian invention. Should be the Law Hill, featuring a "Christ the Redeemer" style statue of Gary Harkins 😡

There is a hidden bear in the mountain logo too.

Thank you. 

15 hours ago, Crawford said:

3125 people buying £320 ST = £1m

2439 people buying £410 ST = £1m

I know those are numbers that are unlikely but hey, wanted to make the point. More bums in seats, better value, better atmosphere and a better reason for people to return.

Broken thinking to put the price up to make more money, all you're doing is bleeding the support. 

They already have the other club membership initiatives for people who have more disposable. 

Again to ask the question, are we normally this early in selling season tickets?

My son’s birthday is mid April and the year he turned 13 several years ago season tickets weren’t on sale until late April.  I remember this as it resulted, from memory, in a jump from £20 to £110 for his season ticket.

Regarding the price increase I think it’s another example that the board are less keen to subsidise the club than they were in previous years.  Do we as fans have to face the reality that the budget for players will be reduced making it more difficult to achieve promotion and remain in the top flight?

It's hard to be positive after today - I understand that entirely. Seems like an uphill task right now, but that was probably the hardest game left in our season. Partick Thistle have conceded 1 goal in their last 6 games and that was against us as they pumped us at Dens.

We've now got 4 home games in our next 5 and the other is along the way at Gayfield. Now is when we need to start motoring and picking up all 3 points. Today was all about not losing IMO and now we need to raise it up a gear.

It's still on. Just don't look at the table until at least after Tuesday.

I'm happy to give him the summer to bring in more of his own players. There's nothing about him makes me think 'out of his depth, needs punted ASAP', but at the same time I'm still a long way from being convinced that he's a good bet to be at Dens in a year+ from now.

Bowyer is either stupid or incredibly stubborn - or both.

The formation just does not work and too many fucking lighhtweights in that team.

The one time we looked really good in a game is when he did go with Jakubiak and Robinson in the second half against Ayr United.

Yet he hasn't done it since.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Now is when we need to start motoring and picking up all 3 points.

Nah Ludo, this should've happened months ago. Bowyer's constant tinkering is at fault for this. I understand that he has the majority of McPake's squad but he still doesn't see what we find really obvious every week.

Too late, league is done.

4 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

I'm happy to give him the summer to bring in more of his own players. There's nothing about him makes me think 'out of his depth, needs punted ASAP', but at the same time I'm still a long way from being convinced that he's a good bet to be at Dens in a year+ from now.

We've been worse since he made additions in January - before that we were going well - then he changed it.

Just fucking madness.