All things Dundee FC

7 hours ago, deelirious said:

We are a mediocre team in a 2nd tier league in a country with a mediocre standard of football. 

Welcome!

I've quoted just one part of your post - that's the big frustration for me as a Dees, the fact that we feel we could be so much better with just a little bit more 'something.'  Even when we get the chance to become the 'premier' team in the city we f**k it up.  

We're probably at the stage now where we aspire to being St Johnstone.  Fuckin' St Johnstone. 

On 02/03/2023 at 22:12, RandomGuy. said:

The best young CM ive seen you have recently is Jack Lambert, who im forever surprised has had as shite a career as hes had.

Presumably theres something ive just missed whenever ive seen him.

Agree with you re Lambert. He had a bit of the Scott Allan about him, an ability to pick out teammates with his passing. Playing (well) for Darlington now, I believe and has just been joined by fellow ex-Dee, Andrew Nelson.

48 minutes ago, K.T said:

Gonna be some laugh when we have about 6 weeks to sign a new squad of players before the league cup starts eh. Nothing could possibly go wrong.

It's a fresh start. For better or worse (initially) it's needed.

Said this earlier in the season, but I couldn't care less if the League Cup is used like a pre-season fitness tournament, and I couldn't give a flying f**k about results. It's an absolutely meaningless diddy cup with no worthwhile reward even if you win it, so it should be treated with the same degree of antipathy that the reserve league, Biscuit Cup etc are.

Edited by Boo Khaki

Been looking back at our results this season, and line ups. During our good spell in November and December there was total selection tombola. Sweeney, Ashcroft, Kerr and McMullan started every game but the rest of the team was all over the shop. The run ended with the 2-4 defeat against Arbroath, Williamson sent off after 30 minutes - but we were already 2 down at that point. In fact we drew the last 60 minutes 2-2 with 10 men. Lawlor was in goal for a lot of games during our good spell and whilst I think his distribution is by far the best of our 3 keepers I’m not convinced he was the catalyst. 
Attitude seems to me to be vital, there’s been a lot of games where we just haven’t seemed up for it. 
February has been a disaster, 5 points out of 15, only 1 win and 2 draws. Just not league winning form. 
It’s March now and any repeat of last months form and we’re fucked. 

16 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Important win today, now a two week hiatus before two massive games in four days. Take the win in stride, prepare and show up hungry and ready to prove something.

Hopefully bowyer takes the two weeks to do some deep diving and really come up with a masterplan. 

Equally shitting that may 5th banana skin game too.

5 hours ago, Fifespud said:

A good day for the human race. How much money would those cuntos lose in the Championship, with that wage bill. 

It's okay because *checks AGM notes* "I'm spending more than I want... We will be straight back up... I'm not having conversations about selling... I'm going nowhere".