All things Dundee FC

5 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

That's just ... odd.

I was beginning to think his long term absence from match day squads really wasn't about fitness at all. Now I'm convinced.

100% this. Come the end of last year it was fairly obvious to me as to why he was left out the squad.

A bit gutted about this but looks like the betting scandal was the final straw. About the 1st to take a pay cut during covid iirc. Hope he gets to Dens for a proper send off. 

Think he would’ve been a valuable asset to come off the bench for the last 30 minutes to be honest. 

Great player.

Gowser was a significant part of the successful Saints team that won the 2013 LC. Will always be a legend in Paisley. 

Off field problems have potentially curtailed his career. Can’t have been easy with the off field issues and court cases. 

He has received significant support from his managers and clubs down the years. 

My worry for him is what he does after he leaves football when his playing career ends. 

Good luck Gowser for the future!

B5B54440-E3BB-456B-BB99-183C6CB1FF34.thumb.webp.0e98b95987511fb69cb112df41fbbea0.webp

Absolutely gutted about the Gowser decision. I get that he's had more than enough chances and a new contract wouldn't be offered as it's an indiscretion too far, but surely get him to play out this season. If we don't go up I'll consider it to be a key factor, and one that was self inflicted.

I'm guessing that's the betting rumours all but confirmed as true then? 

Total shame that he bows out through the back door like this. If he isn't getting a testimonial then even one last sub appearance when we'd hopefully be champions would have seen a send off more befitting of his contributions to the club.

Love you always, you mad b*****d x

I'll miss Gowser playing for Dundee more than I'd miss Dundee if they went bust.

My favourite memory of him will always be when he misplaced a pass and then started shouting at the corner flag as if it was its fault. 

Love you always, Gowser x.

Paul-McGowan--009.jpg.87ce3dcc09f133561022d27ac59d4e8b.jpg