All things Dundee FC

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Only positive is that we've not slipped in the league battle with that. Perfect time, if ever, to lose.

First managerial performance from Bowyer that can be described as McPake-esque is the biggest worry.

Forget every other tactical decision. I understand starting Kwame. I understand McMullan being hooked. I don't get how Jakubiak and Robinson weren't allowed to link up after being used to devastating effect last week. That's as poor a decision as Bowyer has made whilst our manager.

Thought Legzdins was back to the keeper he used to show he was. Colossal performance and didn't deserve to be on the losing side but we've just too many shitebags in our team. No surprise that it's the Morton's, Arbroath's and Raith's we struggle against. Teams that get in our face and we have too many that shite the bed to compete.

I’m not convinced Kwame is as good as some hope / think he is but you’re spot on about the highlighted part, including understanding why he started Kwame.

Don't think tonight changes anything. We are always fragile on the 'cold, night away to Stoke' type games as fucking shit as it was.

What I think was lucky but also vital for us tonight is that QP look to be about to have a major stumble too.

Opportunity missed tonight rather than total disaster IMO.

Still in our hands. Can't lose the head even if the urge is to do so tonight.

We have a distinctly average squad and team, Morton worked hard against us tonight and that was enough to win the game. Not sure Bowyer knows his best starting 11 or too much about the opposition but he seems to have inherited the past few managers tombola

Trying to keep a level head right now after that. Game in hand 2 points behind the leaders and plenty more games to go. 

But that sort of performance has been in us too many times this season, missed opportunities and a real lack of determination to get three points in this type of game. Robinson was largely anonymous, Kerr was stinking, McMullan off it and Williamson we he came on may as well have stayed on the bench. 

Really frustrating night with tough games coming up. If we are to do this, we are making it so hard for ourselves.

Think our team would struggle on a pleasant summer evening on Carnoustie beach against a motivated outfit, never mind a cold night in Stoke against a professional club!

What says you, Sir Charles of Adam?

Do not in general appear to have the stomach for it in games like these, however I do like the look of the new number 11.

Reality check, poor team in a likewise poor standard of league.

Apologies for my honesty as always, yet still think we'll clinch this league. 

48 years of following all things Dens Park in my defence, lol. 

Regards 

On 12/02/2023 at 18:08, Dundee-FC92 said:

Onto Morton - very tough game due to their caveman tactics. 

Aye?

*Cuts his'sel a nice slice o' sabre-tooth-tiger-and-dinosaur pie, washes it doon wi' a cup o' La Brea tar-pit Bovril*

Edited by Chippyminton

The way we started both halfs makes you wonder what on earth goes on in prep before they head out. An absolute shambles. Could easily have been 3 or 4

I felt they went at Fisher a lot, perhaps sensing a weakness there. Marshall being booked barely being on was embarassing. No idea why Tolaj is in there at all. 

Some how, some way we need to win this Division, we are so ordinary I cant see how we get through playoffs. 

11 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Only positive is that we've not slipped in the league battle with that. Perfect time, if ever, to lose.

First managerial performance from Bowyer that can be described as McPake-esque is the biggest worry.

Forget every other tactical decision. I understand starting Kwame. I understand McMullan being hooked. I don't get how Jakubiak and Robinson weren't allowed to link up after being used to devastating effect last week. That's as poor a decision as Bowyer has made whilst our manager.

Thought Legzdins was back to the keeper he used to show he was. Colossal performance and didn't deserve to be on the losing side but we've just too many shitebags in our team. No surprise that it's the Morton's, Arbroath's and Raith's we struggle against. Teams that get in our face and we have too many that shite the bed to compete.

I’d have to make the Legend our MOM. That 1 brilliant save alone and his overall performance. He wasn’t up against much though. 
A total shitebag performance from all concerned including the management. 
Fair play to Imrie though. Few would have picked him as management material but it’s pretty close to miraculous what he’s doing at Cappielow. 

Still kinda in our own hands.

I think Ayr United are our biggest threat now (apart from ourselves). If the top 3 all have the same results in the next few fixtures, Ayr United will be top by 2 goals.

We still have to play the both once more, Ayr United at home and QP away on the last day. I think QP will fade away by then though.

Last night was a slip we didn't need but not a disaster.

Screenshot_20230218_113120_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.08c58e8bb878a9b6f3fb251aad893123.jpg

I think it’s important to put last night’s performance into perspective.  Morton 100% deserved their victory.  Imrie deserves a lot of credit for what he is achieving at Morton (that was painful to type).  They had a game plan which they executed with great discipline.   The disappointing thing from our perspective was Morton’s game plan was quite predictable yet we appear not to have gone into the game knowing how to deal with it or how to break them down.

However, having read through the match thread it’s clear the Morton fans are delighted with the result and the performance of their team.  If we had beaten Morton 1-0 at home giving exactly the same performance as Morton did last night I just don’t think we would be on here singing the praises of the team in quite the same manner.  We would be questioning why we allowed the away team to have more shots on goal than we had and why we allowed them to have more possession than us.  We’d probably even  be complaining why our forwards didn’t get a goal.

Arguably Morton we’re at or near their best and we were nowhere close to our best.  

I still think we are the best team in the division and I think that will be proved over the course of the season.

2 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

I think it’s important to put last night’s performance into perspective.  Morton 100% deserved their victory.  Imrie deserves a lot of credit for what he is achieving at Morton (that was painful to type).  They had a game plan which they executed with great discipline.   The disappointing thing from our perspective was Morton’s game plan was quite predictable yet we appear not to have gone into the game knowing how to deal with it or how to break them down.

However, having read through the match thread it’s clear the Morton fans are delighted with the result and the performance of their team.  If we had beaten Morton 1-0 at home giving exactly the same performance as Morton did last night I just don’t think we would be on here singing the praises of the team in quite the same manner.  We would be questioning why we allowed the away team to have more shots on goal than we had and why we allowed them to have more possession than us.  We’d probably even  be complaining why our forwards didn’t get a goal.

Arguably Morton we’re at or near their best and we were nowhere close to our best.  

I still think we are the best team in the division and I think that will be proved over the course of the season.

Nowhere near our best and missing 2 possibly 3 starters including our top goalscorer. 

Good effort though mate.

13 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

I must admit, I've never noticed this @Mr.Blue fellow before but he has become quite prominent since Morten (his words, not mine) started fighting it out for the last remaining play off spot.

I like these upstarts.

Pay closer attention then. Been here for years.