All things Dundee FC

BBC website saying McPake is being linked with the Motherwell job.  He’s done well at Dunfermline in the third tier of Scottish football but after how he did at Dens does the short time he’s been at Dunfermline merit a Premiership club?  

Article says the club have received over a hundred applications for the vacant post.

31 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

BBC website saying McPake is being linked with the Motherwell job.  He’s done well at Dunfermline in the third tier of Scottish football but after how he did at Dens does the short time he’s been at Dunfermline merit a Premiership club?  

Article says the club have received over a hundred applications for the vacant post.

Whilst he's done well enough with Dunfermline I doubt if he's yet been able to bury his time at Dens.  Of course, it may be that as we were closer to the situation we saw things much more negatively than others, and he did garner a fair bit of sympathy when fired, so who knows?

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Whilst he's done well enough with Dunfermline I doubt if he's yet been able to bury his time at Dens.  Of course, it may be that as we were closer to the situation we saw things much more negatively than others, and he did garner a fair bit of sympathy when fired, so who knows?

Man was dreadful and no amount of time will make that change. He can go wherever, but never back at Dens (or nou campy).

1 minute ago, Crawford said:

Man was dreadful and no amount of time will make that change. He can go wherever, but never back at Dens (or nou campy).

Never say never.  

I don't see why we wouldn't take him back if he proves himself to be a successful manager in the future. 

11 hours ago, Spikethedee said:

Does anyone have a screenshot of the time a Man Utd fan suggested him as a potential manager there, after he took us up via the playoffs???!!! That cheered me up whenever I needed it for a good long while...

About as wild as when Bain fell up the career ladder and ended up at Celtic.

Mistakes are the best way to learn, so the McPake of today would be a much better manager for us than the one we had. If he is smart he should skip any attention from Motherwell and stay where he is. We may not think much of Dunfermline, but they are potentially a premier league club, as are Falkirk, and he should get the promotion first and then look around. I imagine the finances of Scottish football are such that the difference between the 2 jobs is it not life changing. 

The appointment of McPake was completely catastrophic and we're still largely in the hangover from his term with multiple diddies on long contracts. 

Only this summer can we finally rid ourselves of his tenure. 

Shambolic manager for us although having said that, all the best in his future career - he will most likely improve along the road, there's certainly a hell of a lot for him to improve on.

Thank you. 

I still reckon Mcpake will go on to be a decent enough manager. I just can't figure out what level that will be at. He certainly doesn't deserve a shot at a premiership team right now. 

His promotion season with us was actually a good achievement in my eyes having to deal with a team in Hearts that were just miles ahead. Not many teams come up via the playoffs and putting Killie to the sword at the end of a really decent run to the end of that season was pleasing.

Having said all that his premiership season with us was nothing short of a joke. Signing old mates on big wages and generally showing his tactical inadequacies and missing countless chances to stay in the league. Couple that together with a board that at the time were frankly anonymous and it was a recipe for disaster. I mean...the club then brought in Mark fucking Mcghee and didn't even bother to check whether he had a touchline ban or not. What a minter.

I'd love to see how a premiership season would differ with Bowyer in charge. Hopefully and expectedly next. 

Good read from BBC detailing what Bowyer said in our pre-match press conference, talks about how much he's embraced both Scottish football and the country itself since moving up. Like most though, he's not too keen on the current league setup regarding the frequency of facing off against the same teams.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64656196

As for team news, Ryan Clampin has trained this week but tomorrow is a wait-and-see on him, Gowser has had a week of full training though Bowyer still only says that he's "going the right way", and aside from French and Sheridan everyone else is available.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

What can you say about that match tonight?  Very few positives but I thought Mulligan and Kerr were two of our better players.  

I know a few were wanting Williamson to start.  He came on at half time and I’m not sure he could have complained if he wasn’t allowed to finish the game.  I think Bowyer is right not to consider him as a regular starter.  I’m not convinced he likes it when it’s against a physical team that closes down the opposition quickly.

You know how bad we were when Cammy Kerr is our best outfield player.

McMullan was dreadful, Cameron not much better - McGhee was posted misisng for huge chunks of that game.

I felt sorry for Jakubiak then Robinson because they got f**k all support and service.

You have to ask what we do in training because it can't be shooting or crossing.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

Only positive is that we've not slipped in the league battle with that. Perfect time, if ever, to lose.

First managerial performance from Bowyer that can be described as McPake-esque is the biggest worry.

Forget every other tactical decision. I understand starting Kwame. I understand McMullan being hooked. I don't get how Jakubiak and Robinson weren't allowed to link up after being used to devastating effect last week. That's as poor a decision as Bowyer has made whilst our manager.

Thought Legzdins was back to the keeper he used to show he was. Colossal performance and didn't deserve to be on the losing side but we've just too many shitebags in our team. No surprise that it's the Morton's, Arbroath's and Raith's we struggle against. Teams that get in our face and we have too many that shite the bed to compete.

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Only positive is that we've not slipped in the league battle with that. Perfect time, if ever, to lose.

First managerial performance from Bowyer that can be described as McPake-esque is the biggest worry.

Forget every other tactical decision. I understand starting Kwame. I understand McMullan being hooked. I don't get how Jakubiak and Robinson weren't allowed to link up after being used to devastating effect last week. That's as poor a decision as Bowyer has made whilst our manager.

Thought Legzdins was back to the keeper he used to show he was. Colossal performance and didn't deserve to be on the losing side but we've just too many shitebags in our team. No surprise that it's the Morton's, Arbroath's and Raith's we struggle against. Teams that get in our face and we have too many that shite the bed to compete.

It's the modern day obsession with one up top - but that requires midfield to support the lone striker.  But with Morton pressing there was a huge gap to Jakubiak/Robinson so they either rarely saw the ball or when he did he had no-one near him to pass to.

This was one game where going two up might have had an impact.

That being said we had lots of opportunities to deliver balls into the area and constantly either overhit the cross or underhit it.  Losing the goal so early rattled us as well - we conceded then looked like conceding again we were so panicky.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh