All things Dundee FC

20 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Oh how I remember this one. Met my brother as usual in the Derry. He said what do you think of the new signing. I said well don’t know that much about him and I don’t think we can expect too much given he’s coming from part time. He said no we’ve fookin signed Tommy Coyne from the Arabs this morning!

Ah - the good old days. 

The first time I saw TC play was in a later-season derby at Tannadice. He missed two sitters and was getting pelters from our end. Think we drew 1-1 with an absolute minter of an OG From Bobby Glennie. 

22 hours ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

The fabulous Dee Archive has us winning 3 out of the 4 games. 

2-1 and 6-3 at Dens 

1-0 and 1-4 at Love Street

Am i right in thinking that TC's first goals were in the 6-3 after we signed him from the DABs?

Coyne ripped them apart that day and done everything but score, a bit like us on Saturday! Think he had 2 or 3 assists. Vaguely remind Coyne signing for us the day of his debut and 1st saw it mentioned on Grandstand at dinner time. 

Edited by Yenitit

Never like to lose, but we're better off out of this shite, another game where you risk injury etc. League time now. Last picture of Sheridan as well, getting carried out on a stretcher. Like groundhog day.

I might be in the minority but I'm happy there is no more distractions.

We are making hard work of this shite league as it is.

Now I just want us to ground out results without any of players thinking they are better than they actually are.

Edited by eindhovendee
Grammar

That’s on the manager tonight. Dreadful substitutions. Lost the plot with 4 strikers on the park and Cameron as 1 of the midfielders who really more an attacking player than a midfielder. 

That really ought to have been at least 5 or 6 in normal time alone. Gilt edge chance after gilt edge chance missed during the game for the 3rd time since the last Raith game which is now a real worry. 

Only Dundee can make going out of the fucking Challenge Cup a sore one.

Blame goes to Bowyer for that. Was 2-0 going on about 6. He decides the game is done and starts to just make subs to get minutes into legs. Madness that at one point at 2-1 we were essentially playing 4-2-4.

As soon as Max Anderson began his approach, I knew he was missing. If ever a player was renowned for not having composure, it's him. Don't think Robinson's penalty was awful. Being the final one, the one to keep us in it he just put that wee bit more than normal into it to try and ensure it hit the corner and that sometimes happens.

Shite one, but on a positive note, some much needed time in the legs for Tolaj and Robinson with the latter obviously essential to our promotion hopes.

58 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

Folk clapping at the end was a massive minter. Couldn't believe it. 

aye it boiled my piss..couldnt fucking believe it....i'd understand if we'd just been knocked out a cup on penalties v celtic/rangers but raith fucking rovers no way.

9 hours ago, AlanPartridge said:

How the f**k did we lose that?😂

9 hours ago, Crawford said:

Goal 1 - Cameron of Kerr fell asleep.

Goal 2 - Cameron of Kerr forgot how to football.

May I humbly suggest that our defeat was caused by far more than Kerr’s poor performance?

With regards to getting out this league I’m more concerned with our lack of ability to kill off teams when we are dominating large parts of the game.  

With regards to last night in particular I’m definitely more concerned with the substitutions made.  I get it that Bowyer wanted to give players more game time but there is no point in subbing players on, only to be left with the line up we ended up with.  I don’t think that does anyone’s confidence any good, least of all the players your looking to get game time.

All things considered I’m more annoyed I nearly froze myself to death last night rather than watching it on the TV with the wood burner on full blast!