All things Dundee FC

9 minutes ago, K.T said:

Think we’d be better just keeping Rudden but can’t do much if he wants to go I suppose. A loan to St Johnstone is also pish. Pay up and let’s sign a decent replacement.

Yeah, don't really see the point in loaning Rudden out. Gives us room to manoeuvre with his wage off the bill but what's the point longer term?

If St J and Davidson want him, then they should surely be told to get fucked with a 'try before we buy' loan? 

If it allows us to get Robinson in, I'll be buzzing but if as is likely, it's not then I'm not as enthused.

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Yeah, don't really see the point in loaning Rudden out. Gives us room to manoeuvre with his wage off the bill but what's the point longer term?

If St J and Davidson want him, then they should surely be told to get fucked with a 'try before we buy' loan? 

If it allows us to get Robinson in, I'll be buzzing but if as is likely, it's not then I'm not as enthused.

The only way we’d lose out is if the replacement is worse than him. If he goes to the Saintees and scores a few then all good as he’d maybe work up a bit of interest in him and we can move him on for a fee in the summer. 

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

The seethe when the Sainties see what they’ve got will be very amusing!

33 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

The only way we’d lose out is if the replacement is worse than him. If he goes to the Saintees and scores a few then all good as he’d maybe work up a bit of interest in him and we can move him on for a fee in the summer. 

If its the lad Tolaj and not Robinson then he might well be. Wiki has him as not scoring for anyone but the swiss youth teams but there's an article in the Brighton Argus saying he scored his first for Salford in November 😬

Edited by locheedee

31 minutes ago, locheedee said:

If its the lad Tolaj and not Robinson then he might well be. Wiki has him as not scoring for anyone but the swiss youth teams but there's an article in the Brighton Argus saying he scored his first for Salford in November 😬

A quick google appears to indicate Tolaj might be better left at Salford. 

Charlie Reilly. Midfielder at Albion Rovers linked. 21 year old. Mainly plays on the left but is right footed. 13 goals and 6 assists in 21 appearances for the team second bottom of League 2.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Charlie Reilly. Midfielder at Albion Rovers linked. 21 year old. Mainly plays on the left but is right footed. 13 goals and 6 assists in 21 appearances for the team second bottom of League 2.

I thought about him a couple of weeks ago but wasn't sure if it was maybe too big a jump.

If it was the summer I'd be all interested in Charlie Reilly and considering how he'd be a great prospect and such, but in January the last thing I want to see is us taking a punt on a League 2 player while we're in the thick of a title race.

Wasn't too sold on Tolaj at first besides my love of bizarre foreign players, but watching him rip his shirt off scoring his second goal in the *checks notes* Sussex Senior Challenge Cup final against then-7th tier Worthing FC has me crying, I'm a fan now. I have visions of him scoring the league-winning goal away to Queen's Park in the last game of the season and doing the same.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

8 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Could be Bernie Slaven mark 2. That would do. 

9 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

It seems Charlie can take a penalty - worth signing him for that alone!