All things Dundee FC

1 minute ago, Pens_Dark said:

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. That was arguably his best performance for us in 3 years. I'd be delighted if he kept playing like that though.

Was in paisley last week and briefly spoke to him. Not to make much of a thing of it but he was quite seriously assaulted in the "underground incident". 

He's going to come good for us. 

Trust me.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Thought he was excellent against St Mirren and good against Dunfermline as well.

Very good against the Midden and good against Dunfermline I agree. There’s a player in there. Thought we looked very fit and strong. Could be sometime until we see Marshall again. 

On 25/01/2023 at 16:31, Arachnophile said:

quite right - he's pure pish  - you'd be mad to even think about it.

image.png.3d72ff708c68ecd17c263aeb59b0f939.png

Another game against a top team where Murray doesn’t score.  In fact did he even have a proper shot on goal?

Murray genuinely would be a good footballer if there was no ball involved in the sport.  He’s quick and athletic but his troubles start when he has a ball at his feet.

Sweeney absolutely bullied him from the off today.  Coyle clearly took pity on him when he subbed his captain.

9 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Another game against a top team where Murray doesn’t score.  In fact did he even have a proper shot on goal?

Murray genuinely would be a good footballer if there was no ball involved in the sport.  He’s quick and athletic but his troubles start when he has a ball at his feet.

Sweeney absolutely bullied him from the off today.  Coyle clearly took pity on him when he subbed his captain.

Agent Murray. Why score against the team you're going to sign for?

33 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Agent Murray. Why score against the team you're going to sign for?

Hope not. Decent guy, player - but not good enough for where we want to be. 

Today was fitness, team spirit, determination and skill. 
Poured myself a large voddie and it’s tasting sweet. 

2 hours ago, johnnydun said:

How did McGuire, Fisher, Thomas and Clampin get on today?

Maguire did his job well and fought for everything in the midfield, nothing spectacular but don't remember him doing much wrong. A Byrne-esque performance with more attacking intent.

Fisher looked very shaky at first but grew into his role and basically stopped them focusing on his side before he went off. Did very well despite the pressure on him, was also able to push up and pressure QP up the pitch too.

Thomas was also slow to start in my opinion, but got more into it in the second half and had some really good hold-up play. Won a lot of headers and gave the defenders no peace which was key to tiring out the QP backline and had them barely hanging on by the end, but also seems to fall down a lot. I also reckon he should've had a goal today, missed a sitter (which was a deflection of an even bigger sitter from McGhee, who himself could've had a hat-trick today). Overall he was decent, but I couldn't stop wishing Robinson was there instead. Hopefully his fitness keeps building, looked knackered at the end (though in fairness he'd ran their defence ragged).

We'll need to see how Clampin will manage when he starts a game, but he was the perfect sub to punish a knackered Queen's side. His run and assist for the 3rd was magnificent, tore up the wing and past their players like they weren't there. He enjoyed the hell out of it too, celebrated harder than Sweeney. I'm a fan of him already.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

2 hours ago, johnnydun said:

How did McGuire, Fisher, Thomas and Clampin get on today?

Maguire broke things up and done away alright. 

Fisher was good. 

Thomas is clearly short on match sharpness. Improved as the game went on. Not convinced so far. 

Clampin, what an impression to make. Brilliant run for the 3rd goal. Only played about 15 minutes. 

Edited by Yenitit

Fantastic result today imho, plus Mr Bowyers' eye for talent is looking increasingly interesting and promising. If he can add Ben Williamson on a permanent contract and see Zak Rudden off the premises for money all the better. Not my first choice as manager, however continue to prove me wrong Gary, I'll be deelighted.

Must admit I feel for Wigan Athletic however having appointing Shaun Maloney as manager. English Championship, holy shit I'd have been devastated for us in the Scottish Championship if he'd been appointed for us.

On a similar subject, yet another decent journeyman manager in Jim Goodwin embarrassed by his players sparrow-hearted approach to their "profession" at Aberdeen. Just as Jack Ross was undermined and humiliated at Tannadice by their current spunk bubble collective of "players" and "new" coaches having downed tools also.

Anyway, probably pass both these clubs this Summer, which is nice!

Thank you.149858453_images(4).jpg.ca395c0aec9b1b61cffd592468f47ceb.jpg

3 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Seen mildly positive reviews of Maguire. I take it he was alright? 'Tidy' even.

Broke the game up. Done away alright. Probably had a more effective game that I’m giving him credit for as Queens Park never had 1 shot at goal from inside our 18 yard box. 

41 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I thought Maguire was very good yesterday.  As @Yenitit said he was good at breaking the game up.  Has a good engine on him as well.

I made the mistake of thinking Grayson was going to be a good player based on his debut against Arbroath.  Given that Arbroath played better that night than Queens Park did yesterday I’m not committing myself just yet.  Very promising though.

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

I thought he was very good for first game in a new team , show a willingness to get ripped right in about , I always felt he linked up really well with Sam fisher specially in the first half 

Hi folks, any more info on this one which I assume to be development squad additions?  

Appears to be three young men on their way north to make their fortune.

Hinckley AFC are 10th level in England, currently operating in Midlands League Division One.

Regards

Sweenie-Rowe and Davies earn deals with Dundee - Hinckley AFC Official