All things Dundee FC

2 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

So if we do the Rudden for Robinson ‘swap’ I consider that a reasonable window. 
Thoughts?

Not in terms of striking options I don't think. We'll just have one less striker than we did at the start of the window.

1 minute ago, Fifespud said:

We have Thomas? 

As soon as I hit send I thought 'I bet you're forgetting someone'. Not seen him play yet in my defence.

Not too familiar with the boys we've signed but in terms of positions we needed to strengthen I'd say decent, aye. Robinson on a permanent I'd be very excited about.

2 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

As soon as I hit send I thought 'I bet you're forgetting someone'. Not seen him play yet in my defence.

Not too familiar with the boys we've signed but in terms of positions we needed to strengthen I'd say decent, aye. Robinson on a permanent I'd be very excited about.

Thomas looks a step up on Rudden but early days. 

4 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Michel Pageaud at the Gardyne today. He could have been the French lad tweeting earlier. One of my favourite keepers, felt he could save anything. 

It looks like it is his son. Theo Pageaud has a twitter page and is a Lyon fan, also in his tweet it reads M.P & T.P.

Big shout out to everyone that made a "Jakubiak is just a shite winger" post in the last few weeks...

Ok getting punched out by a few dabs at the Underground was not a good look early in his career for the boy but we've got a decent player there and often sidelined...

Putting crosses in "on a plate" today.

39 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

How did McGuire, Fisher, Thomas and Clampin get on today?

McQuire was tidy, energetic, he’s not the sort of player to catch the eye but did what he had to do. Energetic and a big unit. Fisher was decent, made a couple of mistakes that went unpunished but also was involved in a few decent attacks and played a couple of really good passes. Thomas looks short of match fitness. Won a lot in the air and actually found a player in Dark Blue now and again (were you watching Gillian). Lacks pace I feel but is the best target man at the club and can only really get sharper - lone striker is a fucking hard shift and hopefully we find a way to get Jakubiak alongside him. Clampin, my my. Came on, almost immediately tore down the left wing with real pace, beat 2 men before delivering a cross for McGee (?) found out it was Sweeney to score. Honestly we’ve not seen full back play like that for decades, I shit you not. 

Edited by Fifespud
Correction

30 minutes ago, Big Gus said:

Big shout out to everyone that made a "Jakubiak is just a shite winger" post in the last few weeks...

Ok getting punched out by a few dabs at the Underground was not a good look early in his career for the boy but we've got a decent player there and often sidelined...

Putting crosses in "on a plate" today.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. That was arguably his best performance for us in 3 years. I'd be delighted if he kept playing like that though.

Just now, Pens_Dark said:

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. That was arguably his best performance for us in 3 years. I'd be delighted if he kept playing like that though.

Thought he was excellent against St Mirren and good against Dunfermline as well.