All things Dundee FC

Have you considered the weird concept that Murray may have just improved as a footballer now? He’s matured from admittedly a fairly headless chicken to a really effective striker and I think the difference nowadays has been the dramatic development in his hold up and link up play.

Even his record in the top flight isn’t horrendous - 57 games and 16 goals. Not that it’s amazing by any means but it hardly justifies the statement of “he’s pish” when he’s quite clearly not. There’s been diddies playing in the top flight for years that barely hit 5 goals  

Edited by qpfc

43 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

quite right - he's pure pish  - you'd be mad to even think about it.

image.png.3d72ff708c68ecd17c263aeb59b0f939.png

14 minutes ago, Skeletar Spider said:

Honestly, he is pish. Totally useless. Stay well clear.

3 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Have you considered the weird concept that Murray may have just improved as a footballer now? He’s matured from admittedly a fairly headless chicken to a really effective striker and I think the difference nowadays has been the dramatic development in his hold up and link up play.

Even his record in the top flight isn’t horrendous - 57 games and 16 goals. Not that it’s amazing by any means but it hardly justifies the statement of “he’s pish” when he’s quite clearly not. There’s been diddies playing in the top flight for years that barely hit 5 goals  

He's good enough for you lads - I get that. You're used to amatuers with like one leg, or who are visually impaired etc. We're used to proper footballers.

We'll only be signing him to derail you, despite him being pish.

11 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

He's good enough for you lads - I get that. You're used to amatuers with like one leg, or who are visually impaired etc. We're used to proper footballers.

We'll only be signing him to derail you, despite him being pish.

Ahh you’re right in fact 

How could I forget your new man up top Thomas and his staggering 19 career goals

Sounds a proper player mate 

1 hour ago, Arachnophile said:

quite right - he's pure pish  - you'd be mad to even think about it.

image.png.3d72ff708c68ecd17c263aeb59b0f939.png

12 of his 15 goals have came against bottom half clubs, including 6 against Cove.  There lies the problem.  Murray is a decent player against clubs in the bottom half of this league.  Seeing as we aren’t hanging about in this league there is little point in us signing him, other than making your team weaker.

There is absolutely no way Murray can be described as even adequate for the Premiership.

6 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

12 of his 15 goals have came against bottom half clubs, including 6 against Cove.  There lies the problem.  Murray is a decent player against clubs in the bottom half of this league.  Seeing as we aren’t hanging about in this league there is little point in us signing him, other than making your team weaker.

There is absolutely no way Murray can be described as even adequate for the Premiership.

Im concerned we’re going to burst their bubble and force them into depression. 
I mean a bunch of no marks on the board, wages at 96% of turnover, a loss of £1M incurred in winning league 1, before the influx of more highly paid players in this league, renting a ground for 500 fans whilst re-developing another 1. Nothing to see here, what could possibly go wrong?

19 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Im concerned we’re going to burst their bubble and force them into depression. 
I mean a bunch of no marks on the board, wages at 96% of turnover, a loss of £1M incurred in winning league 1, before the influx of more highly paid players in this league, renting a ground for 500 fans whilst re-developing another 1. Nothing to see here, what could possibly go wrong?

dude-why-do-you-care-kyle-broflovski.gif.f2139952860a1273b87567dbe11f5c2b.gif

Just reading the official club obituary for Pat Billio. Tragic news. The talk of the midfield of Pat, Steven Boyack and Javier Artero - the season with Jocky in charge and the new stands were getting built. What a trio that was and for all the glamour that Javier and Pat brought that season the performances of Boyack were incredible. One of the best seasons by a Dundee player I’ve ever witnessed, especially as it was unexpected. Wonder where he is now, he left for Hearts I think but couldn’t repeat his level of that stellar season. And poor Javier, lived just along from me, chatted a few times, nice fella. My son had his name on his replica shirt which pleased him greatly. Contracted MS at about 30 - wonder where he is too. 

25 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Just reading the official club obituary for Pat Billio. Tragic news. The talk of the midfield of Pat, Steven Boyack and Javier Artero - the season with Jocky in charge and the new stands were getting built. What a trio that was and for all the glamour that Javier and Pat brought that season the performances of Boyack were incredible. One of the best seasons by a Dundee player I’ve ever witnessed, especially as it was unexpected. Wonder where he is now, he left for Hearts I think but couldn’t repeat his level of that stellar season. And poor Javier, lived just along from me, chatted a few times, nice fella. My son had his name on his replica shirt which pleased him greatly. Contracted MS at about 30 - wonder where he is too. 

Got a pic with Javier, absolute gent. Sure he played in the Robertson testimonial at Lochee, seems like a long time ago.

46 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Got a pic with Javier, absolute gent. Sure he played in the Robertson testimonial at Lochee, seems like a long time ago.

He's up there with the best wingers we've ever had. He tore the dabs to shreds a few times in both Jocky's last season and the Bonettis first. 

11 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I see Reghan Tumilty has been punted from Hartlepool. Full back, good player at our level, free agent... could do a lot worse.

So long as he's over the whole 'playing the same teams' pish he spouted in the summer.

Certainly the right sort of profile. Touched with the DAB brush though, was he any good?