All things Dundee FC

14 hours ago, Vernon gilmore said:

In De,Marchi tribute to him , he refers to walking through dark times together, I think he means when they were badly treated at dens , frozen out and even attacked in Sandeman street , brilliant player for us , but for me sadly remembered for the treatment he received by the then Dens board , R.I.P Billy 

Aye that was pretty shite stuff from the Marrs. Pat was a fine player for us, and De Marchi an absolutely superb defender when he wasn't being suspended. 

6 hours ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

Aye that was pretty shite stuff from the Marrs. Pat was a fine player for us, and De Marchi an absolutely superb defender when he wasn't being suspended. 

Or in the case of MdM - ‘injured’. 

29 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Or in the case of MdM - ‘injured’. 

He was suspended that often it didn't matter. A completely infuriating player. I remember one particular cup tie at Dens, we were all over them for the first 35 minute. De Marchi looked completely imperious then some Hearts player fouled him so he tried to sly kick him back right in front of the ref. Straight red, we folded, Hearts won. An almost perfect summary of the Bonnett era in one game 😂

Murray was disappointing last year and actually spent a lot of time not playing, and not just for injury reasons. His turnaround since Coyle arrived has been phenomenal, including the play-offs where he played his best stuff of the whole season. But Coyle ( a handy striker himself) has him playing a different role compared to last year, more of a poacher and finisher whereas various coaches had him as the lone striker battling big defenders, which he's not built for. He's also very much a confidence player, needs to be doing well. So buying him, at any price, especially on an 18 month + contract, won't guarantee you'll get the same return as what QP have had this season. 

Tactically, as it stands, it would put a dent in our prospect for the title but don't assume our network of friends, which now extends across northern Europe, haven't already got talks going with a replacement.

1 hour ago, rhumbaclub said:

He took a knock.

That said he was pretty poor first half. Mind you Mulligan wasn't great at RB either. Wonder if Fisher can play LB (haven't seen him much but seem to recall he was always on the left) or really more of left side of central defence?

18 minutes ago, DieDee said:

That said he was pretty poor first half. Mind you Mulligan wasn't great at RB either. Wonder if Fisher can play LB (haven't seen him much but seem to recall he was always on the left) or really more of left side of central defence?

I thought when he was recalled straight away that it was either just for cover, which would be disappointing, or to play as a left or right sided centre back in a three. 

Mulligans strongest position in my opinion has and always will be as a box to box midfielder running past people and I think he always looks a bit wasted out on wing. Being banned and missing out a bunch of games hasn't helped either recently I guess.