All things Dundee FC

From the sounds of it, we have actually offered Murray a PCA but obviously any price we'd have to pay to make any move happen this month would be extortionate, QP aren't going to be idiots in this regard.

45 minutes ago, Peadar BigDinnerO'Driscoll said:

Wimbledon signed another forward today 🤔

Reckon Robinson wants to come back and by the sounds of things this is very much the case, so hopefully 3 new forwards for Wimbledon is enough to open the door again for him to return.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

20 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

From the sounds of it, we have actually offered Murray a PCA but obviously any price we'd have to pay to make any move happen this month would be extortionate, QP aren't going to be idiots in this regard.

Reckon Robinson wants to come back and by the sounds of things this is very much the case, so hopefully 3 new forwards for Wimbledon is enough to open the door again for him to return.

Serious question- what would constitute extortionate in a deal with QP? - I know the obviously have money behind them but a deal at this level would price us out? I would be worried, given our need for strengthening this squad, that we cant make a deal.

Agree about Robinson. I still think of that young Spurs lad we had that went back with a torn hamstring but showed up our back 4 time and again. Two players with decent ability and a proper tactical brain. 

5 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

For the record, these do not mean the same thing. At least the thought hasn't got you lot rattled though!

Not rattled at all. Good ambitious footballers will always move on. His contract is up in the summer and if we dont go up he'd be off given his aspirations. If we do go up, he'll be in demand and probably command more than we can pay. Whether he stays or goes, its been a blast and he has helped us more than I could have dreamed. 

12 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

Serious question- what would constitute extortionate in a deal with QP? - I know the obviously have money behind them but a deal at this level would price us out? I would be worried, given our need for strengthening this squad, that we cant make a deal.

We're title rivals, and they are already paying a hefty wage for Murray, so I think if we were genuinely interested enough to approach them for a deal that they would ask for much more than his actual value to compensate for the fact that not only in this situation would they lose their best striker, but also hand him to a club who is actively competing against them to achieve promotion/win the title. I think it would take genuinely crazy money to move QP to let him go, and I couldn't blame them. It wouldn't be in our club's best interests to waste so much money anyway.

I imagine the situation would be much the same with Dipo at Ayr, and hasn't that whole spiel died down suddenly? Would still prefer him to Murray.

17 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

Agree about Robinson. I still think of that young Spurs lad we had that went back with a torn hamstring but showed up our back 4 time and again. Two players with decent ability and a proper tactical brain. 

It still baffles me that Malachi Fagan-Walcott hasn't done anything since returning to Spurs and recovering from his injury. Would more than happily have him back on loan, especially after French's injury.

1 hour ago, MarbellaDEE said:

Nelms spotted in Norwich. Pukki inbound. 

Thank you. 

7B40953D-25F1-4600-A032-0EBB88CB4A06.jpeg

He was on stv news as well earlier, swanning around Gardyne like he was king kong, tbf it does look quite impressive.

1 hour ago, Juantwothree said:

New player apparently got pics taken before the game in the dugout 

Well, whoever it may be, if he even has 1/3 of the talent and application of Patrizio Billio we'll be doing very well at our new level.

Memories of Fir Park August 2000, Pat scored the first goal of a 2-0, going on what should have been a 4-0 victory with 10 men I may add. Happily top of the league and singing on the sold out Fort Bar bus on the trip home.

Great times Patrizio, very unfairly treated at Dens at the end of his stay, imho.

RIP, you handsome devil. Our thoughts tonight are with your family and friends my man.

423592330_patriziobillio.jpg.b9fc7ec984d5f683b6fb0ddd5086e7ac.jpg   

I don't think Simon Murray is good enough to make the effort for. If he was a free agent to sign until the end of the season and then get rid of or keep as a backup if we go up then fair enough. I don't think he's worth offering a PCA or worse paying silly money for him now.

13 minutes ago, derrybiy said:

I don't think Simon Murray is good enough to make the effort for. If he was a free agent to sign until the end of the season and then get rid of or keep as a backup if we go up then fair enough. I don't think he's worth offering a PCA or worse paying silly money for him now.

He definitely isn’t good enough. It would seriously piss off the New Gretna lads though.