All things Dundee FC

11 hours ago, Fifespud said:

I really hope they do. Anderson comes in for a bit of stick but I think we’ve signed miles worse than him (eh Woods, Hateley (sorry)) and he’s still got time to improve his weak areas. Mulligan looks a very decent player already. What’s the point in youth development if you let the cream of the crop leave for more or less f**k all?

How dare you remind me of them. And Vincent, Williams, Meekings ah it's all flooding back and I hate you for it.

14 hours ago, Crawford said:

Anything about us going full Celtic and stealing Simon Murray? Heard that twice now.

Surely not. Have read SM state he has aspirations to get back to Premiership. At 31, probably his last chance, would be a risky move (IMO) when at this stage both, none or either of us could go up. Clearly he will move on at some point and money talks for both the player and club (while under contract).... guess we'll see. 

Just now, mcjameos said:

Surely not. Have read SM state he has aspirations to get back to Premiership. At 31, probably his last chance, would be a risky move (IMO) when at this stage both, none or either of us could go up. Clearly he will move on at some point and money talks for both the player and club (while under contract).... guess we'll see. 

His contract is up at the end of the season. Would be gutted, but travelling up and down to Glasgow every day isn’t the most convenient. He’s certainly in a decent bargaining position anyway. 

1 minute ago, an86 said:

His contract is up at the end of the season. Would be gutted, but travelling up and down to Glasgow every day isn’t the most convenient. He’s certainly in a decent bargaining position anyway. 

I had heard that we were in talks to sign him also. As a move it would make sense to him, I'm sure and I don't think being 31 years old is hardly his last chance at playing in the premiership. 

I'd take him back for sure if it was feasible but he's the typical in between leagues player that is slightly better than the championship but not better than the premiership. 

15 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Surely that would be an incredibly short sighted signing for Dundee…

31, no sell on value, not really good enough for the top league and QP aren’t going to sell one of their biggest assets cheaply. 

Knee capping the competition and promotion being more likely as a result would be a draw too. We shall see. The way things are going for Bowyer even if he wanted SM desperately he would be told to piss off by Nelms.

9 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Knee capping the competition and promotion being more likely as a result would be a draw too. We shall see. The way things are going for Bowyer even if he wanted SM desperately he would be told to piss off by Nelms.

We won’t sell him in January. You might get him in the summer. There’s nothing you could pay us that’d make it worthwhile. 

15 hours ago, Crawford said:

Anything about us going full Celtic and stealing Simon Murray? Heard that twice now.

You know how this works don't you? Someone else will post in a couple of days that they've heard from three separate sources that Simon Murray is off to Dundee.

16 minutes ago, Velvet Donkey said:

You know how this works don't you? Someone else will post in a couple of days that they've heard from three separate sources that Simon Murray is off to Dundee.

You lot all seem very confident he's going nowhere. Also for those who are saying Queens Park wouldn't let him go cheaply...what if he was to sign a pre-contract with someone else? Would you just not accept a fee for him and let him go for free in the summer? Doubtful.

9 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

You lot all seem very confident he's going nowhere. Also for those who are saying Queens Park wouldn't let him go cheaply...what if he was to sign a pre-contract with someone else? Would you just not accept a fee for him and let him go for free in the summer? Doubtful.

As I said earlier, money talks. If the numbers were right for everyone and there was a replacement lined up, I have no doubt - anything is possible. 

1 minute ago, mcjameos said:

As I said earlier, money talks. If the numbers were right for everyone and there was a replacement lined up, I have no doubt - anything is possible. 

Yeah - that's fine. Queens Park have to look out for their own interests, obviously. 

I'm distinctly scarred from a certain Glen Kamara leaving us for buttons because he signed a pre-contract with Rangers and he's a multi-million pound valued player apparently. 

13 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

No, this misses my point entirely.

For what it's worth I think it's more unlikely than likely that he leaves in January. Come the summer I have no idea at all.

2 minutes ago, Velvet Donkey said:

No, this misses my point entirely.

For what it's worth I think it's more unlikely than likely that he leaves in January. Come the summer I have no idea at all.

I understood your point. My point was more general in terms of the responses so far.

2 hours ago, an86 said:

Is he not still staying in Edinburgh?