All things Dundee FC

38 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Plenty of strikers don’t take penalties. For all we know he could’ve been on number 5. Lyall strikes the ball as good as anyone in our side yesterday. I thought he’d take 1, disappointed he didn’t put his foot through it. 

He’s not a goalscorer, never has been. He’s clearly a target man who’s in a side to hold the ball up, win headers, occupy the centrehalfs with the hope we get others running off him. Never  a left winger. 

As has been pointed out I gave previously shared your view and I agree with much you have said here but he’s probably 1 of the highest paid players who has been out for nearly a year - I want to see him sweating blood to show he gets that. But he isn’t hence time for the 1 way ticket to Linfield. 
In reality he’s going nowhere and we’d struggle to replace him if he did, so your right - dogs abuse from the crowd won’t help. 

36 minutes ago, Girth said:

How was the new guy?

Had the touch of Rudden and the grace of Osei. Got bullied considerably more than Jakubiak did and was on his arse quite a bit and all our forward momentum kinda died when we lost Jakubiak's hold up play.

It was the guys first taste of Scottish football though and he's not played football in a good while so not writing him off by any stretch but he didn't bowl me over with raw talent and power!

4 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Would be a very Callum Davidson move!... but not a very Cammy Kerr move. I'd be fine with it but I don't believe it for a minute.

Yeah, fully believe that Cammy will spend his career at Dens until a manager doesn't renew his contract, rightly or wrongly.

I heard a couple of guys at the St Mirren game talking about how Anderson and Mulligan have apparently turned down extensions. Posted that on the other forum and a few fairly notable posters such as 'Wattie Rojas' has posted saying they've heard similar.

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I heard a couple of guys at the St Mirren game talking about how Anderson and Mulligan have apparently turned down extensions. Posted that on the other forum and a few fairly notable posters such as 'Wattie Rojas' has posted saying they've heard similar.

Anything about us going full Celtic and stealing Simon Murray? Heard that twice now.

16 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Can you still sign a pre contract after the transfer deadline , I’ve heard we have offered all the young lads a deal , but none signed so far , I believe josh and Max would sign for the right deal 

Nasty injury for French. Hopefully he makes a full recovery.

Going forward, will this maybe stop Bowyer playing defenders in midfield and give a chance to the young crop of midfielders at Dens to get more game time, in their position?

36 minutes ago, Vernon gilmore said:

Can you still sign a pre contract after the transfer deadline , I’ve heard we have offered all the young lads a deal , but none signed so far , I believe josh and Max would sign for the right deal 

I really hope they do. Anderson comes in for a bit of stick but I think we’ve signed miles worse than him (eh Woods, Hateley (sorry)) and he’s still got time to improve his weak areas. Mulligan looks a very decent player already. What’s the point in youth development if you let the cream of the crop leave for more or less f**k all?