All things Dundee FC

Interested to see how Sam gets on going back to Dundee. 

Personally think he's ready to kick on with you guys but it could turn out a bad move for him if Bowyer doesn't commit to playing him in the starting eleven.

Nothing fancy about him but he is solid.  Can't think of many mistakes from him, good on the ball and physically will match up with most thrown at him.

I know it's league 1 he's played in but it's a fairly strong league 1 this year and he's been a big part of the best defensive record in Scotland this season.

On 17/01/2023 at 08:02, Ludo*1 said:

Bowyer on Coulson:

"He’s been with us for a few days. Scott Paterson knows him from his time at Cowdenbeath. He’s a young lad who has come in and trained with us. He has looked OK but that’s where we are at the moment with it. What sometimes happens in January is some clubs who try to help out players get sorted with a new club. Sometimes you get a player given a free transfer in January to get his career going. At this moment, there might be another one coming in on a trial basis. But we are probably looking for a more permanent fixture if I’m being brutally honest.”

Basically, Coulson is just here as a favour and being looked at for the development team but nothing major in it.

Quinn Coulson has signed for Alloa. 

Cameron should be in the team more often. Best player for us today. Finlay was good when he came on too. Also thought sweeney and Ashcroft did well after French and Cammy went off. Thought we had some good chances up until we put Rudden RW, Thomas up top and Sheridan LW, madness that. 

McGhee was decent enough in midfield imo, I prefer him in defence but he was okay today. 

The new boy Thomas didn't get much service but didn't do anything when he did. As much as I'm not a fan of Jakubiak he gave their centre backs more trouble than Thomas did. 

A good 120 mins but those penalties were criminal. 

5 minutes ago, LM_0803 said:

Cameron should be in the team more often. Best player for us today. Finlay was good when he came on too. Also thought sweeney and Ashcroft did well after French and Cammy went off. Thought we had some good chances up until we put Rudden RW, Thomas up top and Sheridan LW, madness that. 

McGhee was decent enough in midfield imo, I prefer him in defence but he was okay today. 

The new boy Thomas didn't get much service but didn't do anything when he did. As much as I'm not a fan of Jakubiak he gave their centre backs more trouble than Thomas did. 

A good 120 mins but those penalties were criminal. 

I thought our 1st 2 penalties were actually very good saves from Carson 

7 minutes ago, Charliedee said:

1st was decent from Rudden, I'll take that part of it back, but not wanting to criticise Cameron too much as he had a good game. Poor penalty certainly, but Sheridan was on the pitch too and didn't take one. Don't see much point of putting him out wide and then him not taking a pen. 

14 minutes ago, LM_0803 said:

1st was decent from Rudden, I'll take that part of it back, but not wanting to criticise Cameron too much as he had a good game. Poor penalty certainly, but Sheridan was on the pitch too and didn't take one. Don't see much point of putting him out wide and then him not taking a pen. 

Sheridan is a waste of skin. 

13 minutes ago, Charliedee said:

Agreed, knocks Rudden's onto the post and I was certain Thomas had buried it into the bottom corner.

Hopefully Thomas starts on Tuesday if the game's on (which considering temps rise and no rain between now and then I'd hope so), will be curious to see how he gets on against a non-Prem defence. Got bullied off the ball a bit too much for my liking, but St Mirren are a strong defensive team so I don't want to judge him too much on today. He did have some good touches to be fair to him.

17 minutes ago, Peadar BigDinnerO'Driscoll said:

How bad was the Cammy injury?

Looked like he got a knock in the back going up for the ball and then pulled up later. Hard to say but it didn’t look terrible. 

Jakubiak got some amount of abuse today that I think was unwarranted. He did well against a reasonably tough/physical centre half pairing. I thought today was one of his better performances. 

It’s too early to judge the new boy but that wasn’t exactly promising. He did worse than Jak did. 

Marshall is dreadful. He kept playing the ball up the line with a load of side spin that took it out of play more often than not. Few folk got on McMullans back when he played a thrown straight back into the stand, but Marshall causes it by launching a throw in at him way too high from 5 yards, amateur stuff.

Overall, thought we did okay. There wasn’t much between us and a team that’s allegedly chasing Europe. Bloody freezing though. 

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

When it went to pens I knew we weren’t going to win. I doubt the Legend has ever saved a penalty. 

Until today Carson had faced 8 penalties for St Mirren and let in all 8. Says it all really. 

Never at any point in the 120 minutes did we look like we were going to lose the game. Penalties are a lottery, hey ho. 

8 hours ago, Fifespud said:

When it went to pens I knew we weren’t going to win. I doubt the Legend has ever saved a penalty. 

Weird take.

He saved one yesterday and has saved 2 of the 6 he's faced whilst in goal for us in normal games.

I get you don't rate him but what a weird stretch to have a pop at someone for no reason.

Edited by Ludo*1

7 hours ago, Yenitit said:

Until today Carson had faced 8 penalties for St Mirren and let in all 8. Says it all really. 

Never at any point in the 120 minutes did we look like we were going to lose the game. Penalties are a lottery, hey ho. 

I don't totally buy that. They're a test of some skill and more bottle. Us therefore losing a shoot-out is the least surprising thing ever. 

I always thought we'd be up against it when it came to penalties. Not many in our side are composed slotters. Disappointed to see Sheridan not take one ahead of a striker that's been here two days and a 19 year old laddie but I wouldn't have had anymore confidence in him either.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Weird take.

He saved one yesterday and has saved 2 of the 6 he's faced whilst in goal for us in normal games.

I get you don't rate him but what a weird stretch to have a pop at someone for no reason.

I think it’s totally uncontroversial to say shot stopping is not his strong point. I’m not having a pop - just stating a fact.  

1 minute ago, Fifespud said:

I think it’s totally uncontroversial to say shot stopping is not his strong point. I’m not having a pop - just stating a fact.  

You said you doubted he's ever saved a penalty and you knew we were going to lose with him in goal. There were no facts - he saved a penalty and doesn't have a bad track record at them with us either. 

He had zero to do with the penalty loss but you felt the need to call the keeper out. Just a bit bizarre. Beginning to feel like you have a bit of an agenda with the keeper, Spud. No trying to have a go at you just feels a bit needless IMO.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

You said you doubted he's ever saved a penalty and you knew we were going to lose with him in goal. There were no facts - he saved a penalty and doesn't have a bad track record at them with us either. 

He had zero to do with the penalty loss but you felt the need to call the keeper out. Just a bit bizarre. Beginning to feel like you have a bit of an agenda with the keeper, Spud. No trying to have a go at you just feels a bit needless IMO.

Hands up - I do have an agenda with the keeper!