All things Dundee FC

Without checking in any depth, am I correct in saying we were one of the very few/if any cancellations today in senior football?

Viewed this, smiled and took a snap on our 2021 travels in the North of Scotland. It may be of assistance to John Nelms', there again maybe not, lol. 

689477431_20210706_1140461.thumb.jpg.3fecdd2540761e4fd958b0b9049a8355.jpg

With the Diddy cup on Tuesday alongside the Scottish next Saturday it would be the perfect week to bring in a couple of faces early on to bed them in before kicking on in the league against the Glesga Gretna. 

If we bring in a left back, centre back and striker of any capable standard the league is ours with ease. 

As it is it'll be good to watch the next couple of games without league pressure. I'd be starting Jakubiak and Sheridan up top on Tuesday in the hope one of them can show an iota of footballing ability. Give Lawlor another go aswell he was really good before his injury. 

Thank you. 

18 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

I'd be starting Jakubiak and Sheridan up top on Tuesday in the hope one of them can show an iota of footballing ability.

How many subs are permitted in the diddy cup?, because we'd likely be making at least two in the first half. :P

Still don't really understand the Jakubiak signing. To carry a guy in the squad who is injured as often as he is they usually have to be something pretty special when they are fit, and yet he's completely ordinary.

Just now, Boo Khaki said:

How many subs are permitted in the diddy cup?, because we'd likely be making at least two in the first half. :P

Still don't really understand the Jakubiak signing. To carry a guy in the squad who is injured as often as he is they usually have to be something pretty special when they are fit, and yet he's completely ordinary.

Lets not go on about understanding signings or we could be here all night. 

We'll just leave it with two words: James McPake. 

Don't think people should lose sight on the amount of absolute pish that Bowyer is working with - who wouldn't be anywhere near his or any competent managers starting eleven. We're in a good position considering and just need to hope Bowyer can get these players over the line with a few of his own additions in this window. 

If not the money thrown into MCPakes hands will be to the detriment of the club for another season despite eventually binning him.

Thank you. 

7 hours ago, QoS99 said:

Was in a pub with Jamie Barjonas tonight, saying he’s already signed for you next season.

I know this is one of these, 'aye right' rumours, but we don't have much else going on. So I will entertain this.

Like is he? Any good?

28 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I know this is one of these, 'aye right' rumours, but we don't have much else going on. So I will entertain this.

Like is he? Any good?

No idea really, only seen him play like twice. But it would be a huge jump if you get promoted from league 1

2 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Like is he? Any good?

We had him for a spell and he wasn’t great. He was also pretty rotten for Partick and Raith however he seems to be doing well for Kelty. I never ever saw him being good enough for the Premiership so it’s a surprising signing if true. 

Contributed more in 3 months than Sheridan and arguably Jakubiak ever have. I wish all the best to Derick.

Reckon there was a clause in his contract that either party could pull out in January, though that is just speculation. Let's try and get some quality in the door now.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee