All things Dundee FC

3 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Not while the bad patch on the pitch still looks like this. Must be a nightmare trying to fix that in this weather.

To be fair as soon as I saw those photos/videos I was fairly certain tomorrows game wouldn't go ahead. Would be surprised if the Queens Park game even goes ahead.

ETA - I feel for the ground staff. They do a brilliant job and have performed minor miracles over the past seasons.

Edited by Pens_Dark

3 hours ago, Pens_Dark said:

Derick Osei departs. 

Odd one. Can't say I'm surprised or gutted about it as he looked rotten whenever I had seen him.

I said at the time his stats for a striker / forward player were truly appalling.  24 years old and 1 (one) goal at first team level does not inspire confidence.  

Fair play to Bowyer for getting him out the door quickly.   I assume we’ve had to pay off a portion of his contract but as it was only until the end of the season I guess it was a gamble worth taking signing him.

Now, onto Grayson please!

Edited by Shadow Play

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Grayson's decent and gets an unfair rep.

IMHO Grayson is a poor man’s Byrne.  I just can’t see why he brought in Grayson when he already had Byrne waiting and ready for first team action.

Edited by Shadow Play

3 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Nah, can't agree with this Ludo. He has had 1 or 2 decent games this season but for the others, you wouldn't know he was on the pitch.

Our midfield looked better without him in it, put it that way.

I'm with Ludo in some sense though, he wasn't DREADFUL, average/decent at passing the ball about but not very physical. When we had our dreadful run he wasn't the worst player but I think he got a hard time because he was meant to be a signing that addressed the problems etc..

1 hour ago, Shadow Play said:

I said at the time his stats for a striker / forward player were truly appalling.  24 years old and 1 (one) goal at first team level does not inspire confidence.  

Fair play to Bowyer for getting him out the door quickly.   I assume we’ve had to pay off a portion of his contract but as it was only until the end of the season I guess it was a gamble worth taking signing him.

Now, onto Grayson please!

Sheridan and Jakubiak stats are awful but still were getting on ahead of him. TBF, he got 3 in 8 and hardly started a game. Probably personal reasons or got a better offer somewhere.

1 hour ago, Pens_Dark said:

Our midfield looked better without him in it, put it that way.

I'm with Ludo in some sense though, he wasn't DREADFUL, average/decent at passing the ball about but not very physical. When we had our dreadful run he wasn't the worst player but I think he got a hard time because he was meant to be a signing that addressed the problems etc..

He was so good on his debut against Arbroath I’m just disappointed he has only shown glimpses since. 
I get Ludo’s point but I’d put Jakubiak and Sheridan in the same bracket, we’ve seen flashes of ability, but not often and not sustained. IMO they can all go to Peterheid  

28 minutes ago, Peadar BigDinnerO'Driscoll said:

Sheridan and Jakubiak stats are awful but still were getting on ahead of him. TBF, he got 3 in 8 and hardly started a game. Probably personal reasons or got a better offer somewhere.

By the time Sheridan was 24 he’d scored over 20 goals.  Jakubiak was not that that far behind.  Twenty times as many as Osei had scored when he arrived at Dens.  That’s an unbelievable difference.  I’m expecting at least a goal from most defenders by the time they reach 24.

To be fair I didn’t realise Osei had scored 3 for us.  I thought it was only 1.  In any case I’m entirely confident Osei hasn’t got a better offer elsewhere.

45 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

By the time Sheridan was 24 he’d scored over 20 goals.  Jakubiak was not that that far behind.  Twenty times as many as Osei had scored when he arrived at Dens.  That’s an unbelievable difference.  I’m expecting at least a goal from most defenders by the time they reach 24.

To be fair I didn’t realise Osei had scored 3 for us.  I thought it was only 1.  In any case I’m entirely confident Osei hasn’t got a better offer elsewhere.

He played reserve team football until he was 21 and scored regularly enough plus got youth caps for France. Don't think it's a fair comparison anyway because I'm comparing them to what they can offer now, not at 24 years old.