All things Dundee FC

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Dunno about any arguments or that, but undersoil heating was 100% on in the build up to the Ayr game.

Did look thereafter that there wasn't much effort made trying to get the game on admittedly and don't know the ins and outs of stuff, but it was on.

I’m hearing the opposite Ludo. That more than the 2 signings that fell through was what pissed Boywer off most.  

Edited by Yenitit

A kindred, incredibly charming man is Mr Gary Bowyer, however he again is an unfortunate product of Mr Nelms' ongoing boardroom ineptitude.

Anyone know of an available Scottish manager with a proven track record at this level, who may also have a massive chip on his shoulder to f**k Dundee United just for the fun of it?

Yep, I know who I'd appoint, plus a potential, more than able assistant from a northern English Championship club.

As Brian Clough once hinted, football is a simple game made overly complicated by fools.

Regards. 

12 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

I’m hearing the opposite Ludo. That more than the 2 signings that fell through was what pissed Boywer off most.  

Possibly about the signings but the undersoil heating was 100% on. Club even released a statement in the build up to the game saying so.

3 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

A kindred, incredibly charming man is Mr Gary Bowyer, however he again is an unfortunate product of Mr Nelms' ongoing boardroom ineptitude.

Anyone know of an available Scottish manager with a proven track record at this level, who may also have a massive chip on his shoulder to f**k Dundee United just for the fun of it?

Yep, I know who I'd appoint, plus a potential, more than able assistant from a northern English Championship club.

As Brian Clough once hinted, football is a simple game made overly complicated by fools.

Regards. 

Sorry, are you calling for Bowyer to be punted?!

17 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

what if these 2 mystery signings wanted silly money and were told to f**k off....its ok bowyer wanting players but they have to realise the type of money they'll get up here

3 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

what if these 2 mystery signings wanted silly money and were told to f**k off....its ok bowyer wanting players but they have to realise the type of money they'll get up here

I agree. Our club appears to struggle to attract players though considering what the likes of County, Livi, St Mirren, the filth, St Johnstone and the Motherwell’s of the world seem to get. Granted the location of 3 of them might be more favourable for them. 

Edited by Yenitit

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I think @This Charming Man is meaning if Bowyer walks.

My big worry is I thought Bowyer’s demeanour immediately after the summer transfer was not what it was before due to the lack of signings.  I can’t blame him knowing what he was going to have to work with.  I also think Bowyer’s disappointment showed in results (maybe I’m just imaging it).  

We really can’t afford a repeat this transfer window.

13 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Far from it @Ludo*1 if I'm honest. However Mr Bowyer was a desperation appointment by Nelms' and Strachan after their two very public named targets told them where to shove it, again very publicly to their embarrassment.

I've always been of the opinion Mr Bowyer, if successful at Dens would be poached and leave to a lower league English club far closer to home. Alternatively, if unsuccessful, he would remain and go through the motions like a poor mans version of Mark McGhee.

Merely a realistic opinion of a not too complicated business operation.

Regards as always.

4 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

I agree. Our club appears to struggle to attract players considering what the likes of County, Livi, St Mirren, the filth, St Johnstone and the Motherwell’s of the world seem to get. Granted the location of 3 of them might be more favourable for them. 

county's owner is fucking loaded and im pretty sure he just writes off all their losses every season so they probably do pay a decent wedge

the dayglos doon the street have been throwing silly money at players to get them to sign(if rumours are true)

the rest of them are stable top league teams who can afford a bit more than we can regardless of their fan base

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Lack of signings, something doesn't add up. Nelms and Bowyer not getting on? Rumour I've heard.

C'mon @Bigmouth Strikes Again, spill the beans then my good man.

I've got @Ludo*1 chasing my tail now on your rumours heard, lol. 

However loving @Derry Alli's new user name, live long and prosper young man.

Saturday night regards. 

19 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

county's owner is fucking loaded and im pretty sure he just writes off all their losses every season so they probably do pay a decent wedge

the dayglos doon the street have been throwing silly money at players to get them to sign(if rumours are true)

the rest of them are stable top league teams who can afford a bit more than we can regardless of their fan base

None have owners wealthier than our own. 

1 hour ago, This Charming Man said:

C'mon @Bigmouth Strikes Again, spill the beans then my good man.

I've got @Ludo*1 chasing my tail now on your rumours heard, lol. 

However loving @Derry Alli's new user name, live long and prosper young man.

Saturday night regards. 

Young lads mate, works for the club.

1 hour ago, This Charming Man said:

Regards. 

Ally mcoist?

We could probably scrape to a league win with our current squad, although I would prefer a more confident outlook. 

I think a lot of the current restraints on new players coming in, is because we still have McGinn on our books, he alone should free up enough for 2 decent championship players. You can also look at Legzdins, McGhee, Rudden and Sheridan as higher earners, we could probably look to move at least 1 of them on for another decent player in a position we need.

Let's not forget we also have the Cummings windfall too.

31 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

We could probably scrape to a league win with our current squad, although I would prefer a more confident outlook. 

I think a lot of the current restraints on new players coming in, is because we still have McGinn on our books, he alone should free up enough for 2 decent championship players. You can also look at Legzdins, McGhee, Rudden and Sheridan as higher earners, we could probably look to move at least 1 of them on for another decent player in a position we need.

Let's not forget we also have the Cummings windfall too.

And the Rangers cup game money.