All things Dundee FC

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Lawlor not in the squad tonight. Unless he got injured today or has an illness I'd imagine that suggests he has a move lined up?

Won't be the cheapest back up keeper in the league considering he's previously been a first choice down South.

Would give us more money to play with in addressing the defence and as of today, up front.

Interesting as it was him we were linked with before?

Parish apparently been offered a coaching role at another club.

6 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Marshall should be nowhere near the team next game.

I'd rather have Kerr at LB and French at RB.

Exactly this. No idea why bowyer is tinkering with the team this way and putting McGhee in midfield. Goal aside tonight, it's not the answer. Neither is Max to be fair, he's just too much of a passenger. 

10 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

Why is Luke Mccowan not starting every game lmao.

He doesn't fit in the 3-5-2, but Marshall does. Problem is... Marshall's shiter than McCowan. The last game, Bowyer opted to go to a back four with McCowan in and we got punished for it.

Long story short, our squad doesn't really suit any particular formation (which I still blame on McPake). The number of times Bowyer's had to try and fix games in the second half with multiple HT subs this season is pretty ridiculous. Thankfully Williamson will be back for Tuesday, as without Gowser and Mulligan he's about the only midfielder I trust to play with some attacking intent... though I don't trust him as much to keep his heid.

10 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Lack of signings, something doesn't add up. Nelms and Bowyer not getting on? Rumour I've heard.

Major argument the week of the Ayr game I believe. Signings lined up for the start of January and undersoil not getting switched on led to it. Although they have little contact as Bowyer deals with Strachan. 

Dunno about any arguments or that, but undersoil heating was 100% on in the build up to the Ayr game.

Did look thereafter that there wasn't much effort made trying to get the game on admittedly and don't know the ins and outs of stuff, but it was on.

Edited by Ludo*1