All things Dundee FC

2 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

@Fifespud Have you any idea what the argument in the main stand was about early in the 1st half? 

Yes. Some guys were criticising the team and 2, independent groups took umbrage. 1 (I think) was Harry MacLean. The guys criticising weren’t that bad and it was a bit of an over reaction. Just folk pissed off at the game and having a go at each other. The 2 groups retaliating left when the 4th went in, leading to ‘call yourselves supporters’, ‘you’re having a go at us criticising then you f**k off and don’t support the team’.  It was handbags stuff. 

1 minute ago, Fifespud said:

Yes. Some guys were criticising the team and 2, independent groups took umbrage. 1 (I think) was Harry MacLean. The guys criticising weren’t that bad and it was a bit of an over reaction. Just folk pissed off at the game and having a go at each other. The 2 groups retaliating left when the 4th went in, leading to ‘call yourselves supporters’, ‘you’re having a go at us criticising then you f**k off and don’t support the team’.  It was handbags stuff. 

Cheers Fifespud.  I was trying to hear what was being said but I was too cold to lift the part of my hat covering my ears to listen better 🤣

Boy on the other forum saying a keeper from Poland was at the game today with a view to signing. Playing in the Polish 3rd Division currently and his stats don't make great reading but that means little as we dunno what their team is like tbf. Only 20. Norbert Florczak.

Bit of a completely out there one to be made up but time will tell.

Screenshot_20230102-210833~2.png

Edited by Ludo*1

21 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Boy on the other forum saying a keeper from Poland was at the game today with a view to signing. Playing in the Polish 3rd Division currently and his stats don't make great reading but that means little as we dunno what their team is like tbf. Only 20. Norbert Florczak.

Season 19 Episode 6 GIF by The Simpsons

Would need to see the fourth goal back but no idea what Sheridan was doing by the corner of the Bobby Cox and main stand before Jakubiak lost it. After that they scored. Not sure if Robertson was entirely to blame. 

New GK is needed in January, (one that can kick properly), aswell as a LB and another striker. 

Oh, and...

STOP PLAYING MCGHEE IN MIDFIELD!! No Mulligan and McGowan is a big miss, but Byrne on the bench when McGhee is in midfield is ludicrous.

My team for Raith:

Legzdins 

French, McGhee, Ashcroft, Kerr

Robertson, Byrne, Cameron

McMullan, Rudden, McCowan. 

Just now, LM_0803 said:

Would need to see the fourth goal back but no idea what Sheridan was doing by the corner of the Bobby Cox and main stand before Jakubiak lost it. After that they scored. Not sure if Robertson was entirely to blame. 

New GK is needed in January, (one that can kick properly), aswell as a LB and another striker. 

Oh, and...

STOP PLAYING MCGHEE IN MIDFIELD!! No Mulligan and McGowan is a big miss, but Byrne on the bench when McGhee is in midfield is ludicrous.

My team for Raith:

Legzdins 

French, McGhee, Ashcroft, Kerr

Robertson, Byrne, Cameron

McMullan, Rudden, McCowan. 

Agree that Rudden up front on his own is brutal at times, but Sheridan, Osei and Jakubiak aren't the answer. 

51 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Our goalkeeper situ is not so bad that we need to sign randoms. Never thought I’d say it but Lawlor looks the best bet to me. 
Back to the 5 at the back with French on the right and Cammy on the left. 2 out of Anderson, Grayson and Byrne in the middle with McCowan and McMullen supporting Rudden - given injuries and suspensions and barring any signings. 
We need quality coming in, not more mediocrity. 

Just now, Fifespud said:

Our goalkeeper situ is not so bad that we need to sign randoms. Never thought I’d say it but Lawlor looks the best bet to me. 
Back to the 5 at the back with French on the right and Cammy on the left. 2 out of Anderson, Grayson and Byrne in the middle with McCowan and McMullen supporting Rudden - given injuries and suspensions and barring any signings. 
We need quality coming in, not more mediocrity. 

I think we've got two good keepers (at this level) but both have horror shows lurking within them. Lawlor was unfortunate with the concussion and Legzdins took his chance well keeping a good few clean sheets, but he's had a poor one today and it reverts back to Lawlor. Good to have two battling like this though, overall! Like most areas in the squad though, it needs addressed if we get promoted. Keep one of the two as back up and get a new number one.

Sooner Robinson is back the better. Rudden can work in a two but it's soul destroying watching him try to lead the line on his own.

Yes, playing McGhee in midfield as part of a pair is completely bonkers, and I have no explanation whatsoever for why Bowyer keeps doing it. 

It worked when it was a 3 and McGhee's role was simply to try and be the runner that got on the end of Charlie Adam passes and throw himself about when we didn't have the ball, but as an on-the-ball midfielder he's hopelessly lacking in ability and should never, ever be asked to play as part of a pairing.

It's even more baffling that from his comments about the transfer window it appears GB doesn't view defence as McGhee's natural position. I actually like McGhee as a player, but I don't see him as anything other than a CB who needs to be paired with a lump who can take on the physical guys while he closes down and clears, or the guy you play on the outside of a 3 CB line. 

I hate to be 'I told you so' about Finn Robertson, but there is a reason why he's gotten no playing time in near enough 3 years and across two management teams. We watched Max Anderson being run into the ground and getting worse every game for months on end, and still Robertson got nowhere near the team, got punted out on loan, and still barely featured for Cove in League One. Having a decent first touch and being able to look classy making a simple 10 yard pass is fine, but as I said before, I thought through that spell where he featured at 16 and 17 years old he looked like there was absolutely nothing else to his game, the game completely passed him by as a result, and if today is anything to go by he evidently hasn't added anything in nearly three seasons. He is still young so there is hope yet, but it's not encouraging. I accept that perhaps he needs s run of games to get up to speed, but we are trying to top the table in a completely dog-eat-dog league, and we can't afford to carry a passenger for 2 or 3 games at the cost of results, never mind how many it might take for Robertson to show something.

It would be interesting to hear what Cove supporters thought of Robertson in what little time he did play, because Peterhead fans were effusive about Mulligan and despite my scepticism they turned out to be absolutely correct about him being capable of doing it at a higher level. 

I've been vaguely interested in Morrison four a wee while now, but isn't he under contract until 2024? Not sure I'm keen enough to see us spend too much money on him. If they want Sheridan in exchange though, no problem.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Apparently you guys are interested in Callum Morrison at Falkirk. 

Saw this on another platform, but do we really need another winger ? 
personally I don’t think we do , a striker and Centre mid , left back unless we play Cammy there and a Centre half , but not a winger 

1 minute ago, Vernon gilmore said:

Saw this on another platform, but do we really need another winger ? 
personally I don’t think we do , a striker and Centre mid , left back unless we play Cammy there and a Centre half , but not a winger 

What’s the situation with McMullan? He out of contract in the summer? Might not be committing himself to a new deal in which case there should be a few clubs in this league that should be looking at him. Ourselves included. 

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

What’s the situation with McMullan? He out of contract in the summer? Might not be committing himself to a new deal in which case there should be a few clubs in this league that should be looking at him. Ourselves included. 

I'd take wee McMullan in a heartbeat. One of the guys you love to hate when he's in the opposition team.

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He is out of contract as are most of our players at season's end, but has not yet been approached by the club to discuss new terms.