All things Dundee FC

Happy new year fella’s. Hopefully another 3 points tomorrow.

has anyone been able to read the paper regarding Dundee boss Gary Bowyer on January signings, Niall McGinn’s future and player contracts. Without having to give that paper anymoney!!!!!

49 minutes ago, thedees said:

Happy new year fella’s. Hopefully another 3 points tomorrow.

has anyone been able to read the paper regarding Dundee boss Gary Bowyer on January signings, Niall McGinn’s future and player contracts. Without having to give that paper anymoney!!!!!

There’s been nothing said by Bowyer of any note. 

13 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

There’s been nothing said by Bowyer of any note. 

In the Arbroath pre-match press conference released on DeeTV yesterday, Bowyer gave his usual coy responses to the transfer window ("we're always looking for better", "it all depends on their situations", etc.). The one thing he gave a bit more info on was when he was asked what specific areas on the pitch he would like to focus recruiting for. Bowyer responded by saying:

"Well, I think it's no secret that, in terms of numbers, in terms of defenders, that we've only got 4 or 5 that we could class as proper defenders. We have players that can fill in there and they have done at times, and that's been brilliant for us, but sometimes you want expertise in certain positions, and we're certainly looking at that as well."

I find it curious he says only 4 or 5 players are considered defenders. Would make you assume he doesn't see Jordan McGhee as a defender, which I find surprising. Regardless, as suspected Bowyer is looking for a defender, most likely a full back but I don't see how another CB could go amiss either.

Well I’ve been one of his backers , but we saw today why Finn Robertson isn’t getting a start , he’s way off what we are needing , just what he was trying to do with that pass that lead to their 4th jeez only Finn knows , nothing to do with Finn but what were  Sweeney and Ashcroft doing losing 3 set pieces 

34 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

f**k me, where do you start? Welcome to the wonderful world of being a Dee.

One positive, McIntyre  dragged into the shite.

Thank you.

Start bang in the centre of midfield where Robertson was eye bleedingly bad - no beating around the bush. Utterly inept as said at HT in the match thread. He subsequently went on to cost us the fourth goal.

McGhee pushed into centre midfield and ditching the five at the back that's served us so well of late. No surprises McGhee was beyond useless in that role.

The two of their rotten standards in centre midfield compounded with Williamsons early sending off.

This could be the most useful loss of the season at the perfect time however. Serves us all of the reminder incase any needed it that this squad is still so littered with dross(Legzdins, McGhee, Marshall) that the position we're in this early into the season has been great work by Bowyer. He's at fault today in large parts though - after the run of late I'm happy to write this one off.

Reaction needed on Friday before massive games this month. The season won't come down to one dreadful home performance.

Thank you.

6 minutes ago, The Master said:

Legzdins had some cheek applauding the fans after that. Only time he used his hands all day. 

New keeper and new strikers please. 

The run has put the goalkeeping issues on the back burner for many.

All along it was getting to January within touching distance to then strengthen.

Our weaknesses that could've been named in September reared their heads today.

It's a long season and today doesn't need to be a disaster. Over to Bowyer to accept his mistakes today as well as Williamson who was pure stupid.

Thank you.

Keech result and performance, but it's important to keep it in perspective. We were due a shite result after the run we've been on, and we're still in a far better position than I thought we would be back in September. The important thing is how the team comes back from this. We can't afford to let this turn into a run of poor results.

42 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Start bang in the centre of midfield where Robertson was eye bleedingly bad - no beating around the bush. Utterly inept as said at HT in the match thread. He subsequently went on to cost us the fourth goal.

McGhee pushed into centre midfield and ditching the five at the back that's served us so well of late. No surprises McGhee was beyond useless in that role.

The two of their rotten standards in centre midfield compounded with Williamsons early sending off.

This could be the most useful loss of the season at the perfect time however. Serves us all of the reminder incase any needed it that this squad is still so littered with dross(Legzdins, McGhee, Marshall) that the position we're in this early into the season has been great work by Bowyer. He's at fault today in large parts though - after the run of late I'm happy to write this one off.

Reaction needed on Friday before massive games this month. The season won't come down to one dreadful home performance.

Thank you.

Spot on. That’s on the manager today. Why change from a formation that suits the players and see us actually win games fairly comfortably. Makes no sense whatsoever. Back to McGhee being terrible in midfield. Then to play Robertson out of position as well. 

Rudden as a lone striker is as soft as f**k. 

Pish and the pressures back on. 

Way too many bad performances to discuss them all but special mention has to go to:

Williamson should be utterly ashamed of himself.  Petulant and petty with the foul for the 2nd booking.  Hard to see from the main stand but it looked to me he was fouled seconds before, however, he was already on a yellow so should not be tackling like that - especially in an area where there was no danger to our defence.  

Marshall showing again why he is a league 1 player. Too small and his passing is atrocious. 

Sweeney is the captain but I don’t see him organising the defence at set pieces.  On the subject of set pieces why does he even bother coming up for the corner (other than the fact he is too slow to remain back one on one with the striker).  He rarely wins a header, yet we almost always seem to aim for him. 

Rudden cannot be the lone striker waiting for the ball to be punted long up to him.  That’s not his fault though, that’s on the manager and the way he had the team set up.