All things Dundee FC

41 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

68 points usually wins this league. After the win at Ayr it’s the 1st time all season we’ve been level with the required amount. Hopefully kick on now with 10 of the remaining 18 games at home with Queens and Partick in January. 

Queens game is massive at this stage. Can't wait.

If Partick, Morton, Queens or Ayr really think they can go up, then offering McMullen a pre contract deal would be a smart play. It’s happened to us before - Hamilton signed Derek Lyle on a PCA when we were competing with them for promotion in the 07-08 season. 

As others have said, McMullen is playing well and is the Maradona of the Scottish Championship, but I don’t think any of us are sure he will be that effective if we get back to the Premier League. We need him this season though and the benefits of promotion more than pay for a new 2 year contract (with the 2nd year being optional)

3 hours ago, mychurch said:

If Partick, Morton, Queens or Ayr really think they can go up, then offering McMullen a pre contract deal would be a smart play. It’s happened to us before - Hamilton signed Derek Lyle on a PCA when we were competing with them for promotion in the 07-08 season. 

As others have said, McMullen is playing well and is the Maradona of the Scottish Championship, but I don’t think any of us are sure he will be that effective if we get back to the Premier League. We need him this season though and the benefits of promotion more than pay for a new 2 year contract (with the 2nd year being optional)

We probably can't, and certainly shouldn't, go up with pretty much the same squad we have (McPake's fatal error) but at the same time shouldn't be looking to completely reboot the squad.  Probably guys like McMullen would fall into the category of those worth taking up and replacing over time.  

8 hours ago, mychurch said:

We had Dom Thomas on a pre contract last season meaning when we played Dunfermline in the playoffs he was an unused sub on both games (in which Dunfermline didn’t score a goal in either leg)

One of the many amusing things about our eventual promotion to the championship 

8 hours ago, hk blues said:

We probably can't, and certainly shouldn't, go up with pretty much the same squad we have (McPake's fatal error) but at the same time shouldn't be looking to completely reboot the squad.  Probably guys like McMullen would fall into the category of those worth taking up and replacing over time.  

I think that regardless of how much of a retool happens between now and next August, there are about 10-12'ish players that you could justify keeping on for a Premiership season. Williamson and Robinson, even though neither is our player, French, McMullan, Gowser for his experience, I'm not really a fan of Anderson or Robertson but they merit it on youth, Mulligan definitely, Cameron, and maybe McGhee, maybe Sweeney, Sharp, oh, and maybe McCowan because I think he's too young to give up on completely just yet. Frustratingly inconsistent, but it might be that he's one of those who doesn't really fully hit his stride until 27-28.

Everyone else I think is firmly in the 'could do better' camp and would really be nothing more than squad filler. They're either not doing it at Championship level, so can't be counted on to do it in the league above, or they've been up there before and been completely ordinary/failed. I'm not sure about Rudden. He's a pest, but I don't think he has the ability to score goals in the Premiership, so I'd hope he'd be pushed down the pecking order by signings who are an improvement.

Edited by Boo Khaki

Just now, D TOTAL said:

Is the main stand any good to sit In?, or is there a bar or pillar in the road? Usually sit in coxy but miss half of the action at the other end cause I’m as blind as a bat

If you’re taller than 6ft your shins will be pressed up against the seats in front, there are a few pillars and the atmosphere is shite. 
Looks bonnie tho. 

1 hour ago, D TOTAL said:

Is the main stand any good to sit In?, or is there a bar or pillar in the road? Usually sit in coxy but miss half of the action at the other end cause I’m as blind as a bat

It's the worst in terms of atmosphere and general view due to the pillars.

Derry > Cox > Main Stand.

Any other answers are wrong.

3 hours ago, D TOTAL said:

I sit there and have no problem seeing both goals. I’m too old for the Derry and I hate sitting behind the goal. You should give it a try and see what you think. 

Ended up in the main stand for the cup game versus Airdrie, was pretty far at the back so the pillars were a right pain in the arse, two blind spots on either side of the pitch. Also took some weird looks for bothering to even trying to make some noise, as I tried to take advantage of my newfound closeness to the away crowd. It was fine enough but I'll be remaining in the Cox for the foreseeable future.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Ended up in the main stand for the cup game versus Airdrie, was pretty far at the back so the pillars were a right pain in the arse, two blind spots on either side of the pitch. Also took some weird looks for bothering to even trying to make some noise, as I tried to take advantage of my newfound closeness to the away crowd. It was fine enough but I'll be remaining in the Cox for the foreseeable future.

Love the cox. Only been in the Derry twice (good few years ago) and both times couldn't see shite because of the big walking gantry thing they've got up for the cameras. Is that still there?

Ball gets launched and you have no idea where it is.

There are plenty of good seats in the main stand but it’s hard to know where until you’re there. It’s fine in a smaller crowd where you can shuffle along if need be, but had some awkward views of derbies over the years.

And as said above, don’t try to sing. Elite level moaning encouraged.

Edited by stu2910

3 hours ago, This Charming Man said:

Footballing legend Pele of Brazil has died aged 82, truly a ground breaking talent and influence on the world stage.

Pictured below, tangling with a fellow footballing legend.

RIP number 10.

135376419_jockypele.jpg.133ca8e9b94c47bdbd82b66748b68419.jpg

I do believe he’d just been ‘megged’ by a proper Derry legend. 

RIP the GOAT 

6 hours ago, This Charming Man said:

Footballing legend Pele of Brazil has died aged 82, truly a ground breaking talent and influence on the world stage.

RIP number 10.

Pele at Dens https://twitter.com/74frankfurt/status/1608545062656385037?s=20&t=hOVSPjzkiReFXQ_zi-pXdg

FlKzFXUWQAIzIxz.jpg

11 hours ago, This Charming Man said:

RIP number 10.

Jocky showing Pele "Wha's in Cherge" there.  Arguably the best player ever - and Pele wasn't bad either!