All things Dundee FC

18 hours ago, This Charming Man said:

Happy Christmas my kindred Dee spirits, both to you and all of your loved ones.

Keep them close and safe, always.

Regards.

tumblr_855b75b485923b550858201905b96077_becf3709_500.gif.1dd0be40919d75566e2106c3f44ab766.gif

Dare I say the most iconic scene of any Christmas movie? 

I kind of think it sums up supporting Dundee as well.  We might sometimes moan about supporting Dundee and question whether the hassle is worth it at times but any alternative is far worse. 

I’ve got a feeling the new year will bring good times for a change.

5 hours ago, greendot said:

hans-gruber.gif.2350539d6bef6f10b3aa7f6f12951984.gif

I’m not getting into a discussion about whether Die Hard is a Christmas movie or not.  That could prove to be the most controversial topic ever on this Dundee thread and that’s saying something given the many previous questionable chairmen and managers we’ve had over the years!

1 hour ago, Shadow Play said:

I’m not getting into a discussion about whether Die Hard is a Christmas movie or not.  That could prove to be the most controversial topic ever on this Dundee thread and that’s saying something given the many previous questionable chairmen and managers we’ve had over the years!

I mean, it is a Christmas film, so there’s no need to worry about any controversy. 😉

On 25/12/2022 at 11:46, Vernon gilmore said:

Any of you guys plays golf clash on your phone , if you do there is a Dundee.f.c clan you join , I played  a guy called Ludo the other day which got me thinking some of the people on here might play 

Reminds of this match up of the ages a while back 😂

Screenshot_2018-11-26-21-13-27~2.jpg

McMullan in the Courier saying he's not heard a thing about a new contract as of yet.

Really disappointing that. One of the main reasons he joined us from United was due to them being a bit slow in offering him a new deal. I hope a similar thing isn't happening here.

20 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

McMullan in the Courier saying he's not heard a thing about a new contract as of yet.

Really disappointing that. One of the main reasons he joined us from United was due to them being a bit slow in offering him a new deal. I hope a similar thing isn't happening here.

He is by far and away our best player and anything short of a 2 year deal is a failure.

1 hour ago, Crawford said:

He is by far and away our best player and anything short of a 2 year deal is a failure.

Where was he last season? 

Decent winger who I'd like to have another crack at the Prem with but if he was to go it would be far from a complete disaster. Infact I'd still be wanting someone in to possibly replace him if we did go up. Remember McMullen was one of the main reasons we went up when McPake brought him in the January window and then played in a dreadful squad who were pitiful week in week out.

Our best player of late has been Ben Williamson who has completely controlled the centre of midfield in every single game; making the early calls against him look foolish. He's absolutely miles ahead of Mulligan right now which makes his contract situation simple aswell - sign for longer and learn your trade or piss off elsewhere and most likely fail big time.

Three of our best players this season have all been Bowyer signings - French, Robinson and Williamson. Nae neck has turned up the last month. I'd be confident we could bring in a good replacement if McMullen is to go but as his current purple patch continues its hard not to see anything other than a new contract offered.

For us to go up and be a top six club certainly doesn't rely on Paul McMullen or any of the current players (maybe bar Robinson) at the moment.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Crawford said:

Absolutely. Did alright for himself assist wise last season. Considering we were shite and relegated, to get the most assists out with the OF players and 1 of Hearts' players is decent going:

https://www.worldfootball.net/assists/sco-premiership-2021-2022/

3 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Decent winger who I'd like to have another crack at the Prem with but if he was to go it would be far from a complete disaster. Infact I'd still be wanting someone in to possibly replace him if we did go up. Remember McMullen was one of the main reasons we went up when McPake brought him in the January window and then played in a dreadful squad who were pitiful week in week out.

Our best player of late has been Ben Williamson who has completely controlled the centre of midfield in every single game; making the early calls against him look foolish. He's absolutely miles ahead of Mulligan right now which makes his contract situation simple aswell - sign for longer and learn your trade or piss off elsewhere and most likely fail big time.

Three of our best players this season have all been Bowyer signings - French, Robinson and Williamson. Nae neck has turned up the last month. I'd be confident we could bring in a good replacement if McMullen is to go but as his current purple patch continues its hard not to see anything other than a new contract offered.

For us to go up and be a top six club certainly doesn't rely on Paul McMullen or any of the current players (maybe bar Robinson) at the moment.

Thank you.

Well said that man. 100% correct about Williamson, was very good again down at Ayr. 

3 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Thank you.

Everyone was shite last year. I agree re Williamson and Robinson but I’d have McMullen in the top 3 way before French who has been badly exposed by over committing himself on too many occasions for me. Not saying he’s shite by any means but Nae Neck has been absolutely magnificent and totally revigorated under Bowyer. 

2 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Everyone was shite last year. I agree re Williamson and Robinson but I’d have McMullen in the top 3 way before French who has been badly exposed by over committing himself on too many occasions for me. Not saying he’s shite by any means but Nae Neck has been absolutely magnificent and totally revigorated under Bowyer. 

French is my player of the season so far. McMullan playing well just now and would probably be 2nd best so far but he’s very frustrating at times the amount of times he gives easy passes away. Would defo be offering him a new deal regardless of what league we’re in next season.