All things Dundee FC

I’ve not hidden from criticising McGowan when I thought it was appropriate but under Bowyer I think Gowser has been way more attack minded.  He’s also moving the ball on far quicker and seems to be positively encouraging his team mates more.  For me, I’d keep him as a back up at the very least for next season.

Apart for footballing reasons I really want to know what he looks like when he finally grows his hair like Caniggia!

1 hour ago, Shadow Play said:

I’ve not hidden from criticising McGowan when I thought it was appropriate but under Bowyer I think Gowser has been way more attack minded.  He’s also moving the ball on far quicker and seems to be positively encouraging his team mates more.  For me, I’d keep him as a back up at the very least for next season.

Apart for footballing reasons I really want to know what he looks like when he finally grows his hair like Caniggia!

Agree, would keep him as a squad player, think the hair growth will give him renewed confidence as well.

Nice one Gowzer.

Thank you.

59 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Some excellent news right here. We'll be keeping hold of Robinson for the whole season.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/exclusive-dons-forwards-loan-situation-decided-ahead-of-the-january-transfer-window/

Glad to hear it. However, reading between the lines, it doesn't sound like they will be wanting to offload him permanently if we were willing to make a bid. Also, any idea how long he's meant to be out for??

34 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

Glad to hear it. However, reading between the lines, it doesn't sound like they will be wanting to offload him permanently if we were willing to make a bid. Also, any idea how long he's meant to be out for??

Yeah, I'd be very surprised if they're looking to let him go permanently, considering he signed a multi-year extension just before joining us. As always, if the money was there then the story might change, but I'd again be surprised if we'd be willing enough to pay it.

I remember Bowyer saying Robinson was almost fit for the Cove game, so I'd be disappointed if he wasn't available on Friday. Pretty sure a Courier article said he'll be available for Friday too.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

49 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

With Raith Rovers possibly looking to offload some assets in January, is there anyone we could look at, you think? Maybe the young lad Ethan Ross? If he was ever fit I would have taken a punt on Vaughan, but not with that knee.

They sound desperate for money, but can't think of anyone decent in their side.

I quite like their captain Ross Matthews but didn't realise he was already 26. Dylan Easton has always been a talent but very much just a Championship at best player and isn't a youngster anymore. Jamie MacDonald as a back up keeper for the top flight wouldn't be a bad idea but I'd argue he's not better than what we already have so would be pointless.

Their best player was that Riordan at CH and he's on loan!

The aforementioned Vaughan is a stand out but he's the most injury prone player in the Scottish set up it feels.

As always projected the takeover of this tinpot league is well underway. Got to say even i am surprised we've reached the summit before the January window. 

Not just the win but the performance was brilliant tonight. We were miles ahead tactically and looked like we could run all day. Night and day from the horror shows under McPake.

WIshing all Dees a good Xmas, it is now time for me once more to crack open a cold bottle and chant in the least Xmas spirit led way of the Dayglo fuds across the road.

Thank you. 

We are absolutely flying right now and it's great to see. Again....there was a momentum shift at Partick that instilled that belief back in the players and we haven't looked back since. As a Dundee fan I see us go down to 10 and immediately fear the worst but they were assured and that confidence has them thinking they can beat anyone in the league regardless.

What a fucking difference it makes having an actual manager for once. I don't think many were expecting us to be top at Christmas after that dreadful Cove game but we find ourselves in a great position going in to January when we hopefully strengthen.

Merry Fucking Christmas fellow Dee's. Time to crack open the whisky.

Thank you.

Pretty damning that McPake was unable to get anything at all out of the team if Charlie Adam wasn't scoring and creating goals and dragging out results practically by himself.

I know it's been said often enough before now, but that promotion was all about Adam, and I still think firing McPake at the end of that season would have been entirely justified. Nothing that has happened since has changed my mind on that. Thanks to McPake we are still carrying a fair few players that you can tell Bowyer just isn't going to play unless he has no other option, and yet he's still getting results and performances out of the same squad McPake had minus Charlie.

No excuse for taking the foot off the gas. They need to strengthen in January, and again, enormously in the summer if we do actually win this league. Bowyer is doing well enough with these guys in the Championship, but it is still the same lot that did bugger all in the Premiership when CA wasn't on the pitch. I have faith that Bowyer would get more out of them than McPake managed, but it's still largely the same players who bombed in the top league last season.

Hopefully we can get one or two in through the winter window, although it is traditionally a difficult one in which to source anything of real note, but if we manage that and can attract some new faces in the summer, then there's reason to think that we might make a bit of a better fist of things if we were in the Premiership again.

Which set of diddies are next up for a Bowyer hiding?

I was definitely leaning towards not being convinced on Bowyer in the slightest but he’s fairly shut my (and others) pus. Top of the league at Christmas, we look like we know what we’re doing, and we’re playing full of confidence. What a difference he’s made.