All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, Peadar BigDinnerO'Driscoll said:

I'd be happy to see Ayr get good money for Akinyemi  but realistically someone will get in his ear and he will run down his contract if the interest is serious. 100k at best. What did we get for Kamara? 50k but supposedly closer to 30k according to some.

Doubt he’ll be happy to just sit for another full season on the promise of a move. He’ll be off in the summer for between £200K-£300K and that’ll be a good deal imo. 

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Doubt he’ll be happy to just sit for another full season on the promise of a move. He’ll be off in the summer for between £200K-£300K and that’ll be a good deal imo. 

Best bet IMO to get anywhere close to that is to sell in Jan but that almost ends Ayr promotion hopes. Kane Hemmings had 2 years left on his deal and went to Oxford from Dundee for 250K due to a release clause. 21 goals in the prem! You never hear about these clauses until the actual deal is done.

15 hours ago, rb123! said:

Here you not heard about this thing called inflation just now, will apply to the football market too lol

Yes the football transfer market has, quite famously, always reflected spending in society. 

Edited by RawB93

7 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Yes the football transfer market has, quite famously, always reflected spending in society. 

Inflation still exists within it. 

IIRC correctly Dunfermline got around £250,000 for Kevin Nisbet when he had a year left on his contract. He had just scored 23 goals that season as well. Akinyemi has scored 15 so far this season however is a couple of years older than Nisbet was. 

We absolutely should not be accepting anything less than 250K from anyone and should probably be looking for closer to 300K plus a sell on clause. I don’t think that’s unreasonable in the slightest for a player who I has the potential to have a very good career. 

24 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Inflation still exists within it. 

IIRC correctly Dunfermline got around £250,000 for Kevin Nisbet when he had a year left on his contract. He had just scored 23 goals that season as well. Akinyemi has scored 15 so far this season however is a couple of years older than Nisbet was. 

We absolutely should not be accepting anything less than 250K from anyone and should probably be looking for closer to 300K plus a sell on clause. I don’t think that’s unreasonable in the slightest for a player who I has the potential to have a very good career. 

You will just accept what Nelmsy offers and be grateful.

Don't really blame Ayr fans for inflating the prices of their best players, we all have a tendency to do it.

However, I'd be absolutely stunned if a player that is 26 by season's end, currently at his 14th different club and the Scottish Championship is the best level he's really featured at goes for anything near 300k.

Half that and a few clauses would be good business sense.

On 15/12/2022 at 19:40, Dundee-FC92 said:

This popped up randomly on youtube and is well worth a watch. 

If the Bonetti era could be summed up in one highlights package it's pretty much all covered. Looking dominant and Nemsadze skinning boys left right and centre. Lobbing the ball out of defence without a care in the world from the defender and Cannigia making it look easy. 

Ultimately though two penalties missed by Sara and we lose a late free kick at the second award for a fifth defeat in a row. 

Madness of the time encapsulated all in this. 

Thank you. 

I was at that one. Everyone was screaming for Giorgi to take the second one. There was another game Vs them during the Bonetti era where the first half was played in a blizzard during which they scored 3 times, and finished in glorious sunshine. 

20 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Honestly?

Absolute no brainer for me. 

20 year old with cracking potential and potential further sell on potential Vs a 26 year old at season's end, we'd be his 15th club and whilst tearing it up this season, he's not been exactly lighting up the world for the likes of Potters Bar Town, St Neots, Dulwich Hamlet and Braintree Town.

Akinyemi looks an absolute player but this is the first time in his career he's shown it at any sort of level and it's not exactly a high one.

I reckon Robinson will go on to have the better overall career.

18 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

20 year old with cracking potential and potential further sell on potential Vs a 26 year old at season's end, we'd be his 15th club and whilst tearing it up this season, he's not been exactly lighting up the world for the likes of Potters Bar Town, St Neots, Dulwich Hamlet and Braintree Town.

Akinyemi looks an absolute player but this is the first time in his career he's shown it at any sort of level and it's not exactly a high one.

I’m not overly sold on Robinson yet tbh. Holds the ball up well and is young enough to develop the rest of his game right enough. 

I’d take the Ayr guy if pushed though. 

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Akinyemi looks the real deal but these things can turn out to be a flash in the pan. 
I think we’re going to win this league at a canter anyway. 
I agree - get Robinson signed.