All things Dundee FC

43 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Not much in it. 

If anything, I'd be questioning the ref for the Griffiths booking:

Just because that was the actual incidents they got their cards for, doesn't mean the intent wasn't there and they wouldn't have carried on to other incidents if they didn't get them here.

McGowan overacting in protest to a blatant yellow card for plausible deniability is comical.

2 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Just because that was the actual incidents they got their cards for, doesn't mean the intent wasn't there and they wouldn't have carried on to other incidents if they didn't get them here.

McGowan overacting in protest to a blatant yellow card for plausible deniability is comical.

He isn't getting on at the ref though, he is getting on at, probably Cammy Kerr.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/3942790/dundee-star-paul-mcgowan-reports-for-training-24-hours-after-arrest-in-betting-probe/

'Paul McGowan goes to work.' Excellent reporting work, very investigative.

"We cut live now to the kitchen as the players have lunch. We're pretty sure this is Paul McGowan in the oven rotating slowly.

"His body temperature has risen to over 400 degrees. He's literally stewing in his own juices."

image.png.a056add232303e6ff9bdda79cfda96aa.png

2 hours ago, Pens_Dark said:

How often is criminal action brought forward by the irregularities?

I have literally no idea how it works but, say, when a ton of money is ploughed in to a certain manager getting a job and the market is suspended is this then classed as irregular?

I suppose my point is Paul Mcgowan and Leigh Griffiths getting booked against hearts in a single game isn't exactly a stretch. It must have been an absolute ton of money put in to these for it to get flagged.

Almost certainly why he hasn't been playing because I can't remember him getting a knock. I think the last game he played was against Cove being hooked at half time(?)

I’ve got no idea on how often criminal action is brought. 

Managers markets are pretty infamous for a tiny amount of money shifting the odds, partly because there’s little money on the market and partly because of the risk of insider knowledge. You’ll regularly see the markets shift rapidly and then be closed, that can even be a few £20 bets on a name that wasn’t high in the list before  

It tends to not be the amount of money on the market but the volume in comparison to the baseline and then other features around geography etc. I.e. if a lot of money (relative, might only be a few hundred quid) comes on from Edinburgh it would be deemed suspicious enough to be flagged. 

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Not much in it. 

If anything, I'd be questioning the ref for the Griffiths booking:

The Griffiths booking is surely for the dissent in slamming the ball down like a wean rather than the foul. If you were trying to get booked on purpose that's exactly the kind of daft shit you'd do.

McGowan as well, a needless cynical shirt tug which is always a yellow card.

12 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Griffiths and Gowser getting yellow cards against Hearts shocker!

Non story imo.

So if it's such a non story why weren't Anderson or Mullen for Dundee or Soutter for Hearts arrested as well as they each recieved yellow cards in the match?

Edited by C4mmy31

28 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

So if it's such a non story why weren't Anderson or Mullen for Dundee or Soutter for Hearts arrested as well as they each recieved yellow cards in the match?

If you were betting on any 2 players to get booked in that game, it would be those 2. 

I blame @jagfox.

4 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/3942790/dundee-star-paul-mcgowan-reports-for-training-24-hours-after-arrest-in-betting-probe/

'Paul McGowan goes to work.' Excellent reporting work, very investigative.

"We cut live now to the kitchen as the players have lunch. We're pretty sure this is Paul McGowan in the oven rotating slowly.

"His body temperature has risen to over 400 degrees. He's literally stewing in his own juices."

image.png.a056add232303e6ff9bdda79cfda96aa.png

The Courier plumbing new journalistic depths

Calling Paul Mcgowan a 'star' 🤣

Think the conspiracy of McGowan being unavailable for selection is just exactly that. This stuff has been public for well over a year except for which players were meant to be involved. It was only on Thursday that the police arrested McGowan.

As it is, Bowyer said he's back in full training now but will miss this weekend because his progress has been a bit slower than the others that were out injured.

8 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Have you ever watched Paul McGowan play before? His whole shtick is that he's permanently raging about absolutely nothing and in the instance you talk about, it was a defender he was ripping shreds out of, not the ref.

7 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

The Griffiths booking is surely for the dissent in slamming the ball down like a wean rather than the foul. If you were trying to get booked on purpose that's exactly the kind of daft shit you'd do.

McGowan as well, a needless cynical shirt tug which is always a yellow card.

7 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Slamming the ball down after the foul is what he will have been booked for. 

Aye, undoubtedly. Still on the harsh (not the right term, but the closest I can think of) side. Despite being a yellow by the book, the amount of times players get away with that sort of thing as long as they don't boot the ball away is unreal.  And Griffiths has always been a petulant wee shite and usually got away with it.

1 minute ago, Mr.Blue said:

Dundee involved in a betting scandal 😳.

The club isn't involved.

In all seriousness, if I were to pick 3 players to get booked last season, it'd be McGowan (who should be booked a lot more than he is), Max Anderson and Leigh Griffiths.